Silverstone TJ08 vs. Coolermaster Centurion 541

truffle00

2[H]4U
So, I'm looking at getting a slightly smaller form factor computer (even knocking 3" off in each direction is pretty nice), and as far as case goes, I'm torn between the TJ08 and the Centurion 541. First let me list the rest of my components:

Opteron 165
SI-120 heatsink preferably, depending on what fits I'll probably change
DFI RS482 motherboard
X1900 XTX
X-Fi Platinum (keeping the front panel)
2 GB PC4000 RAM
Seasonic S12-600
16X burner (I might go Lite-On because of their shorter depth)
2 500 GB and 1 400 GB Seagate
Floppy

So all in all it's a decently loaded build, and I want to make sure I have cooling down to where I can keep my CPU overclock. The CM is an appealing case because of the side intake (for better cooling), and it splits the HDs so hopefully heat doesn't build up as much. On the down side, due to the funny mobo positioning I've heard that routing the power cables can be a pain, but it's something I can live with.

The TJ08 has the rear 120 mm fan vs. 2 80 mm ones so it should be a little quieter while still providing the same airflow. It seems to be a slightly nicer case overall, but I'll be paying for it. The case is a little smaller too. I'm just a little worried about having to bunch my HDs up, but it would be nice to have a clear path on the bottom there. Also, it looks like the back side of the case can be taken off and I can hide some of my cables back there, unlike the CM.

The price isn't a really big deal here, so which case should I go with? Also, does anyone have any recommendation on thinner SATA cables with small connectors, maybe with right angles too? I'm looking for something that I can easily route.

I like the TJ08 case over the Cooler Master. As far as SATA cables there are various types, when you're looking at the back of a hard drive there are cables that go to the left or right or up or down and the standard ones come out straight. I like the left or right ones depending on the case.

Back