Silverstone TJ07 vs Lian Li PC-V1200

oakfox

n00b
So I'm trying to piece together my dream rig and I can't decide between these two cases. Both cases are extremely high quality and beautiful and spacious. The TJ07 is quite expensive, almost $350 bucks! The PC-V1200 is about $100 less than that, but still a good chunk of change. I don't want to skimp on the case, as I know every part counts, and I've had the original Lian Li (PC-600 I think?) for about 6 years now and its held up great.

I plan on putting a full custom water-cooling setup in the rig, so I'm kind of torn between the two cases. The Lian Li is cheaper and probably equally as nice and spacious, but it would require some modding/dremel to cut a hole for my radiator (top mounting 2x 120mm BIP). The silverstone is nice because it already has vents for two possible mountings, either on the bottom of the case or on the top.

Any suggestions would be helpful, or maybe a good deal on one of the cases somewhere. Monarch computers sells the TJ07 for around 330, but it only comes in silver?(wtf) Thanks guys, I'm relatively new to posting, been lurking for awhile though.

I have a Lian Li pc2000, which is alright, but I like my tj07 better. Historically, I never really liked Silverstone. However don't forget about the Lina Li s80 or pc201. I have a 201 in the mail.

Dear oakfox,

If you get the TJ07 put the HDDs in mobile racks. I have a TJ07, and moved to a PC-V2000b because the SilverStone case cracked my sata connectors. There is no clearance between the case door and the two HDD cages on the TJ07. The Lian-Li cases give you working room for the HDD area. There is an offset between where the HDDs mount and where the case door begins. Plus if you really wanted to you could get a koolance case which is already modded for wc. :)

p

Back