• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silverstone TJ07 - Manufacturing quality issues :(

Tigris

n00b
Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
3
Hello to all the [H]ard Community ! I've been reading this forum for quite a long time but now decided to share some thoughts and ask for advice :)
In December 2011 I decided to replace my black TJ07 with a silver one as I got bored of all-black PC. Since there is no place to get Silverstone products from in my country, I had to order the case from Germany. When the package arrived I checked the box from outside but did not open it right away as there wasn't any visible damage and I was too busy at the moment. When I finally got down to rebuilding my PC in June this year and took the new case out of its box the first thing I noticed was that the small door in front which covers USB, 1394 and audio jacks is quite wobbly... On close inspection I found out that all 4 screws used to secure the cover's frame from the inside of the case do not hold in place and can't be tightened due to broken or absent thread in corresponding mounting holes. To add more, 3 of 10 screws holding the top mesh fall out too and there is no way to put them back in, the surface of the U-profile is far from being perfect - just look at the photos - wtf is it just above the 5,25" slots ??? Side panels do not slide fully into place leaving huge gaps here and there between them and front of the case. And on top of that, it looks like the U-profile itself isn't stamped well - when I unscrew the bottom end of two back struts which hold the ends of the frame together on my black TJ07, the frame unbends a little and the struts go up BUT not sideways as on the last photo. Pics will tell more:



Is this all OK ? What do you think ?
 
I would contact the seller or Sivlerstone to see whats going on. Silverstone and the TJ07 case itself are highly regarded as one of the most quality companies and cases around. My TJ07's build quality is the best Ive seen to date of any case. This seems to be abnormal for Silverstone cases.
 
I have tried contacting the seller but they couldn't provide a replacement because there were no silver TJ07s left in stock and they didn't plan to restock it as the silver version is "not popular" :rolleyes: The only option offered (except return, which would cost me almost half the price of the case) was to exchange the defective case against a black version but I already own one... Silverstone Europe refused to acknowledge their fault and replace the whole case or provide spare parts for free "We can only sell you the required parts" - that's what they replied. Is it all right to offer the customer to pay for the damage made in production ? I could never expect this kind of customer "support" from such a respectable company as Silverstone :eek:
 
Damn. I would not of suspected that type of response from Silverstone. Try to show them original proof of purchase and explain that the freaking thing was like that when you pulled it out of the box. Keep pushing Silverstone, that not a good response at all. I would be livid.
 
Damn. I would not of suspected that type of response from Silverstone. Try to show them original proof of purchase and explain that the freaking thing was like that when you pulled it out of the box. Keep pushing Silverstone, that not a good response at all. I would be livid.

I would be livid...but not surprised. Silverstone in going down in price has gone down in build quality over the years IMHO. That being said, stripped screws are a Q/C no-no.
 
Try to show them original proof of purchase and explain that the freaking thing was like that when you pulled it out of the box. Keep pushing Silverstone
They themselves asked for a copy of the invoice and they got it. Offered them to pay the shipping of new parts to me but they are still reluctant to provide free replacements :mad:
Silverstone in going down in price has gone down in build quality over the years IMHO. That being said, stripped screws are a Q/C no-no.
TJ07 + shipping to Ukraine = 400$ Not cheap at all... And it seems that now they do not have QC at all. I got my first TJ07 in 2009 and it was almost flawless
 
Back
Top