Silverstone TJ-10

truffle00

2[H]4U
So I bought this case and have a few other parts on the way. First, it's HUGE. Much larger than I'd like (next time I'll actually tape together pieces of paper to get a sense of how big something is), but I don't move much and it should fit in the space that I have.

The reason I got it was because it looked a little more open than other cases (breathing room, hopefully) and being so heavy, probably shouldn't vibrate and rattle. I did get three extra 120mm fans to get better airflow going through this thing. Now, what is the best setup for this? I'm using an IP35 Pro w/ TRUE.

I was thinking about keeping the back fan as an exhaust, rear top as exhaust, and top front blowing down towards the CPU heatsink. Is the a scenario that works well for these side-blowing heatsinks?

I like having a computer but have grown to completely hate the process of building one. Once again, I got this case so I don't have to perfectly route cables but still have room for good airflow. I don't really want to take the computer apart later to move fans around, so the first shot is the last.

Thanks in advance.

As a side note, is this thing really all-aluminum? I've used Lian-Li cases in the past and they feel like they weigh less than 1/3 as much as this behemoth!

It's an awesome case. It's really heavy because unlike the Lian-Li the aluminum the Tj-10 uses is thick, almost twice as thick as the Lian Li cases. I have a Tj-10 but my computer is water cooled. There is plenty of space for everything. I am not dogging the Lian-Li cases (I own two) but, out of all my cases i really like the Tj-10. I think you really get what you pay for (a whole lot of aluminum and space). I will post some pics or the link to my post from a while back(different forum though), this is the old system that was in the case.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=275067

Thanks. And I don't have any loyalty to Lian Li either, even though I've owned three or four, so feel free to dog. I'm just getting tired of rattles and I don't want to have to dynamat, etc. the thing myself.

Back