Silverstone TJ-08 watercooled

MisterJesseJames

Weaksauce
Hello everybody... recently finished watercooling my Silverstone TJ-08, all internal. I don't know if I should post this thread in the SFF gallery section or water cooling section. But since I frequently browse the SFF section, I might as well post it here. ;)

Here are the parts that I have used for watercooling:

-Swiftech Apogee GT cpu block
-Swiftech MCW30 chipset block
-2 X Swiftech MCR120 QP 120mm radiator
-Swiftech MCP350 pump
-XSPC 5.25 bay reservoir
-Clearflex 3/8"ID 5/8"OD tubing
-Worm clamps

Have some time to take some pictures for you guys to see... also added a brief note to accompany with the image.

Here is the picture of the case in the front. Samsung DVD burner and XSPC reservoir take up the 5.25 slot while the Crystalfontz LCD module and Silverstone fan controller takes up the 3.5 slot. Noticed the slight reflection on the side of the case... I have the case repainted with a semi-gloss black and polished it with some rubbing compound.

Here is the picture of the case in the back. I used a dremel to cut a hole in the side to make a window with a nice view of the internals. Noticed that I have implemented a toggle switch located on the upper right hand corner of the case. The toggle is to control the cold cathode and LED light within it. Also added a 120mm UV blue fan on the side as well for additional cooling.

Here is a picture of the case looking directly in the side. Not much to see here other than to give you a good look of the case in the side.

Another picture of the case in the side with the panel off. Just want to show the routing of the tube and radiator placement. The T-line and tubing that in the far right is the drain line. Using a passive XFX 7950GT video card for now until I muster up enough cash to get a better video card. There is a little over 11 inches from one end of the case to the radiator to possibly fit an 8800GTX video card in there.

Here's a close look of the 3.5 and 5.25 bay slot being occupied. The 5.25 reservoir has 2 LED bulbs attached to them and can be switch on and off with the switch. The 3.5 bay has a pump enclosed in there that takes up two of the floppy/hard drive bays. The pump is mounted on the fan controller bracket.

Here is some pictures of the case taken in the dark with the cold cathode and LED bulb on. Have the LCD module give me a reading on the temperature of the components and using 6" UV cold cathode for the glow effect. :cool:

That is pretty much what I have to show for today... hope you guys enjoy the pictures. :)

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reply to this post. :D

Nice work. What are your system specs, oc, and temps? If you get a chance. I'm adding a second radiator to mine when the barbs arrive in the mail.

Nice work. What are your system specs, oc, and temps? If you get a chance. I'm adding a second radiator to mine when the barbs arrive in the mail.

Here is my specs at the moment:

Processor: Intel Q6600 G0
Motherboard: MSI G33M-FI
Memory: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 Titanium 2GB
Video Card: XFX Geforce 7950GT XXX
Power Supply: Corsair HX620
Sound Card: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtremegamer
Hard Drive: WD 250GB WD2500KS
Case Fans: Spire 120mm

For the temperatures, I used CoreTemp to measure the temperatures and Orthos to stress the CPU. My room temperature is around 75ºF (24ºC) and case fan at 100%.

Temperatures at stock speed (2.4GHz):

Temperatures at 42% overclock from stock speed (3.4GHz):

I'm still tweaking the setting to see what's the maximum overclock I can get out of the processor.

Normally for 24/7, I run at 3.33GHz.

Once you add the 2nd radiator, the temperatures should drop pretty good. Let us know how your results are. ;)

could you post more pics with the side panel off?

Sure :D... Here is a couple of shots here:

One in the light.

Other in the dark.

One thing to note with the shot is that the tubes in the loop is starting to cloud up, as you can see in comparison with the drain line. I use a mix of G11/distilled/PT Nuke/UV dye and about a couple of weeks in use, tubes starting to cloud up... but it seems to not hamper performance yet.

nice. as you can see here, i'm a sucker for stuffing full blown W/C setups in smaller cases :)

DSCN8502.jpg

nice. as you can see here, i'm a sucker for stuffing full blown W/C setups in smaller cases :)

DSCN8502.jpg

That's a sweet setup you got there... look like you went the whole 9 yards there. ;)

I fully agree with you on the comment... the challenge of putting a custom watercooling setup in such a small footprint and watching it all come together with great results is itself extraordinary.

*Sigh*... It would be great to see more and more W/C setup in small cases. :D

i just noticed that the CoolerMaster Elite 340 is basically a TJ-08 w/ a different faceplate.

there are a few guys here who posted up pics of dual 120's up front w/ the 3.5" bays removed.
hmmm...

i just noticed that the CoolerMaster Elite 340 is basically a TJ-08 w/ a different faceplate.

there are a few guys here who posted up pics of dual 120's up front w/ the 3.5" bays removed.
hmmm...

Yeah, it is possible to put 2 120.1 radiator in the front of the case. Throw in a H20-120 compact in there so that you will eliminate pump and reservoir placement and add a 120mm fan in the side for additional air flow. You will have only two 5.25 slots available for your drives.

For the first 5.25 slot, you can put dual slimline dvd drives in there:
http://www.slidirect.com/web/do/pub/sku/view?categoryId=10&id=40

And for the second 5.25 slot, you can put more than one notebook hard disk drive in there:
http://www.cyberresearch.com/store/computer-accessories-pc-peripherals/drive-mounting-frames-disk-mount-modules/HDDM_4250S_5399.5.htm
And possibly run RAID off of it.

How's that for a sweet setup. :D

I couldn't find a dual 120 rad that would fit. That was my original plan, but after measuring, and looking around, no dice.

I couldn't find a dual 120 rad that would fit. That was my original plan, but after measuring, and looking around, no dice.

A 120.2 rad will not going to fit there, but it is possible to fit two single 120mm radiator in there perpendicularly since there should be about 260mm of space from the bottom of your case to the 5.25 bay slot. Found a picture to show as an example.
0031.jpg

The width of the radiator have to be short as well, basically have a diameter that is almost similar to that of the case fan. The only brand that I can think of would be the Magicool radiator.

Back