silverstone temjin tj07 side panels very tight?

so i have a temjin tj07 and the side panels are very tight.they are so tight it takes forever to put them on the case and remove them.
i was wondering for those who have the same case, do you have the same problem? were you able to get the side panels RMAed to silverstone for a replacement?were the replacement side panels less tight?
also it does qualify for a manufacture RMA since it was their built problem right?

please respond. thanks

Yes, mine are/were excessively difficult to remove and replace.
I've asked several other owners since I bought mine last spring and there doesn't seem to be a consensus...most owners said their panels fit fine, a few shared my complaint.
You'll find that the main case frame is no where close to straight/square and I suspect this is the root cause of the problem.

I finally made a custom set of sidepanels from a pair of Lian-li v2k skins.
They screw on, eliminating the "slide in" issue.

Yes, they are a pita to remove and put back on. It's to do with the little tabs, I've notice that if they cave inwards you will struggle to get the side back on... so you might want to bend them back.

this is the reply from the dept
Hi,

We are sorry we don't have any spare side panel for TJ07. The reason is
this case is designed as a unibody shape, each body is hand made and has its
own side panel to fit. Other one may not fit in your case. It's the nature
of TJ07. If you don't like the one you have you need to return the whole
case to us for RMA. Sorry to make it inconvenience to you. Thanks,

Sales

this is what i send him
> staff,
>
> i have the tj07 bought not very long ago. the side panels for the case is
> really tight. too tight for me to remove and put back on. i was wondering
> if i can RMA just the side panels and get them replace with side panels
> that aren't that tight.

Silverstone said:
each body is hand made and has its
own side panel to fit.
I call shenanigans.
There is absolutely no indication that any custom fitting was done to my sidepanels and if there was, it was a pisspoor job since they don't slide on/off well at all.

The stock sidepanels are interchangable (obviously the grill will be misplaced but they do install) and I have the same difficulty getting the left panel (viewed from the front) to slide home no matter which panel I use.

IMO, the problem is with the unibody structure, not the panels.

i have the same issue with mine, the left side panel will slide all of the way except the last 1/2 inch, have to wiggle it and then force it into place. i also noticed that adding pci cards were a pain aswell. not to mention the other issues i have had with them. has anyone had an issue with the front usb connectors being upside down? the power and hdd led's in the wrong spots? for one of the most expensive cases on the market, you would think that they would have paid a bit more attention to the details. like making sure all of the mobo standoffs were the same size.

Back