SilverStone Strider Platinum ST1200-PT PSU Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone Strider Platinum ST1200-PT PSU Review - SilverStone comes to us with huge Platinum efficiency power with its Strider PSU rated for 1200 watts of constant power delivery. The PSU also sports a beefy feature set to go along with being able to support even the healthiest enthusiast computer build. Fanless modes below 40% power delivery, dust filtering, and 16 sets of SATA connectors lead the list.

Another great PSU review by [H], thanks.

With that said, from a gamers perspective I'm trying to imagine what possible hardware build from within the last 12-18 months that could even remotely approach 1000W, much less 1200.

Imo, these 1000+ watt PSU's have become absolutely pointless for gamers. Am I wrong?

Wow, crickets.............

All of that hard work from you and your staff and yet zip from the usual gpu and cpu 'members'.

I'd remember that, Kyle.........

Wow, crickets.............

All of that hard work from you and your staff and yet zip from the usual gpu and cpu 'members'.

I'd remember that, Kyle.........
It isn't so much that

It's a quality product. It does what it's supposed to. When it comes.to power supplies there is nothing really here wow drop dead sexy to talk about.

And when it comes to.silverstone, yes they make great power supplies and okay cases. But compared to the competition I just can't stomach their often significantly higher prices for.similar quality.

Maybe they are running the typical retail clothing model.where everything in store is outrageously priced. That gets the "oh I have to have that" suckers. Everyone else uses coupons for 40% off. Unfortunately Silverstone never has bargains. So I'm often left scratching my head how they stay in business since they do not that offer "oh gee wow that's unique" products and still demand over premium pricing.

750s watts are still possible on today's machines. This is especially true if you have an all.around beast that has hard drive raid arrays for your transcoded movie collection. Given that if you are buying high end you'll want something that last 10 years. And over 10 years that power supply could lower it's maximum output by 20%. That 750 watt unit starts to look like 900 to 1000 watts now.

Good review of a good product. I'd lean towards a 1000W as a top end for my needs, and more my price point personally, but definitely like the silverstone quality.

Back