• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SilverStone ST60F

Well looks like the summer heat did a number on my current PSU. :( I was looking at this PSU a while back and it seems nice. Quad rails seem like a gimik but guess it should work. I'm thinking of trying it on my current system and then transfering it to a new one when I do another full mobo/cpu/video upgrade. I'll post back once it comes in the mail.
 
I just was looking at it myself, looks real nice. Ive been looking for the longest time for an SLI compatible modular psu (one with two dedicated pci-e connectors), there is a bunch with an adapter included, but that just doesnt cut it for me.
 
Thanx for the reply's, Im having a problem with the PSU in my sig" PC shut's down in SLI" so I picked up this one for now I have not installed yet, but I just might keep it if it work's and RMA the PCP&C and sell it when I get it back, Its just to much hassel to keep switching PSU's :D
 
lee63 said:
Thanx for the reply's, Im having a problem with the PSU in my sig" PC shut's down in SLI" so I picked up this one for now I have not installed yet, but I just might keep it if it work's and RMA the PCP&C and sell it when I get it back, Its just to much hassel to keep switching PSU's :D
Well it seems like the PCP&C didnt like my mobo
:confused: put the same PSU in my friends PC with a DFI SLI and it worked fine. Slapped the SilverStone in my rig and everthing works great :D :D . Is that common that a PSU wont get along with a certain motherboard?
 
Wow. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and they didn't even give me a shipping number. It looks like instead of shipping from New York, Silverstone sent me one directly though their wherehouse in CA. Anywho! I just realized this but I don't know if it'll really matter. If you read the specs of this particular model, it states that the it has 4 independent rails. Here's what I mean.
+12v1=13A (18A peak)
+12v2=18A
+12V3=16A
+12V4=8A (13A peak)
Now I should have asked this question before I even thought of making a purchase but says that the 4pin molex connector (HDD) is dedicated to the +12V4 line. Will that particular line be eough to power:
3 Hard drives
1 Optical Drive (memorex Double layer 16xsomethingxsomething?)
1 9800XT
1 MCP650 water pump
2 120mm f+1 90mm fan?
I haven't even installed the thing but I would like some feedback before I get at it.
Anyone want some pics? This thing sure is pretty
:)
 
It should run everthing fine, runs my rig ok. Games freeze somtimes but I dont think its PSU related :confused:
 
Thanks for the reply. But I'm not really put at peace with that answer. :( I have no pci-e cards so I wont be really straining the +12V3 rail at all. I don't have any SATA drives either which are dedicated to the +12V2 rail. It looks like I'll be putting more strain on the +12V4 rail which unfortunately has the least ammount of amps.

I may just go on a whim and install it. But I wouldn't be suppriesed if something goes *pop*. :cool: Thanks again.
 
nob0dey said:
Wow. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and they didn't even give me a shipping number. It looks like instead of shipping from New York, Silverstone sent me one directly though their wherehouse in CA. Anywho! I just realized this but I don't know if it'll really matter. If you read the specs of this particular model, it states that the it has 4 independent rails. Here's what I mean.
+12v1=13A (18A peak)
+12v2=18A
+12V3=16A
+12V4=8A (13A peak)
Now I should have asked this question before I even thought of making a purchase but says that the 4pin molex connector (HDD) is dedicated to the +12V4 line. Will that particular line be eough to power:
3 Hard drives
1 Optical Drive (memorex Double layer 16xsomethingxsomething?)
1 9800XT
1 MCP650 water pump
2 120mm f+1 90mm fan?
I haven't even installed the thing but I would like some feedback before I get at it.
Anyone want some pics? This thing sure is pretty
:)
On 4-rail ATX12V2.xx PSU's, 2 of the rails are dedicated to running 2-CPU's, so you waste 1-rail with a single CPU system.

Try this SLI Certified 550W modular for $80! ;)

Sunbeamtech NUUO 550W: http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/cases/Sunbeamtech_NUUO_550W_1.html
 
Back
Top