Silverstone SG01e cooling question...

Heyas,

Just put together my first SFF system and am curious about my fan placement. On the bracket that sits above the video card, I have the rear 80mm fan exhausting air out and the front/top 80mm fan pushing air into the case. I assumed this was good, because the video card would suck in the cool air from the top 80mm fan and push it to the back of the case where the heat will exit with help from the rear 80mm fan. Should both fans be exhausting air or is it ok the way I have it? The top fan is a Panaflo, which I have attached to a fan controller. It pushes a lot more air than the Silverstone fans the case came with.

Thanks!

Heyas,

Just put together my first SFF system and am curious about my fan placement. On the bracket that sits above the video card, I have the rear 80mm fan exhausting air out and the front/top 80mm fan pushing air into the case. I assumed this was good, because the video card would suck in the cool air from the top 80mm fan and push it to the back of the case where the heat will exit with help from the rear 80mm fan. Should both fans be exhausting air or is it ok the way I have it? The top fan is a Panaflo, which I have attached to a fan controller. It pushes a lot more air than the Silverstone fans the case came with.

Thanks!

It doesn't matter all that much..personally I'd have them both as exhaust.

I run the top as intake. It feeds directly into the cooler on my video card. Add to that the added airflow it tosses behind the card to the rest of the board, like CPU, mem, etc.

Otherwise the only real intake fan is flowing thru the front drive cage and out the side, leaving the remaining intake duties to small vent holes which are far from "airy".

Between the rear 80, and the power supply fan, i think there is plenty of exhaust by default. running 3 exhaust fans including PS and a single intake thats relegated to appease mostly drives doesn't seem balanced to me.

Ive got both my top fans as intake, pushes air into the graphics card and onto the mobo and on the other side of the case i have a crossflow and psu fan to exuast.

I'm actually making a few changes to the new rig. I just ordered all new Noctua fans and an OCZ RAM cooler. All will be controlled via a Noisetaker fan control panel.

You said you added a fan on the right for exhaust? Might I ask where? I've thought of placing a fan opposite the HD cage or near the CPU (may not have room though).

Thanks!

I'm actually making a few changes to the new rig. I just ordered all new Noctua fans and an OCZ RAM cooler. All will be controlled via a Noisetaker fan control panel.

You said you added a fan on the right for exhaust? Might I ask where? I've thought of placing a fan opposite the HD cage or near the CPU (may not have room though).

Thanks!

He's talking about the crossflow fan under the PSU. Didn't you ever wonder what the cutouts and holes were for there?

Crossflow fan can be had for $20 roughly. I had one in my old version of this case. Worked great. You could feel it dumping hot air out all day.

He's talking about the crossflow fan under the PSU. Didn't you ever wonder what the cutouts and holes were for there?

Crossflow fan can be had for $20 roughly. I had one in my old version of this case. Worked great. You could feel it dumping hot air out all day.

Unfortanetly I can't use the rear cross flow flan. No room with the NT06 Lite. I have finished the build and have posted pics here - http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1176035. Check um' out ;)

Thanks again all.

Back