Silverstone SG01

ramac66

Limp Gawd
Has anyone purchased a Silverstone SG01 from Outpost lately? Did they send the Evolution model or the older SG01 model. The case is selling for $119.95 shipped on their site, but I can not get an answer if it is the Evolution or the regular older model.

I believe its the SG01-E now. Fry's hasnt been shipping regular SG01's for some time now.

Don't want to bite anyone's boat, maybe I'm missing some vital variables or just getting plain too old, but . . .

Why don't you just call them or email to confirm what you intend on buying ?
Isn't that the most normal and natural thing to do ? :D

Edit : I missed that you couldn't get an answer, I'm assuming that's e-mail;
Don't they accept phone calls ?

I just ordered one from Outpost so I'll report back as to what they send me.

I'm getting ready to order the rest of the parts for my new build and I have a question. Has anyone tried to use a Silverstone SST-ST60F in one of these? I'd like to get this power supply with Silverstone's short module cable set but the power supply looks enormous, so I'm not sure it will fit. I couldn't find anything on Silverstone's site or anywhere else that lists a maximum size for the PSU.

I've searched on here and Google and came up with nothing. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply. Too bad this behemoth is 180mm deep according to Silverstone's site.

Any power supply recommendations for this case that are sure to fit? I definitely want modular, don't want a mess of wires in this little case.

Does anyone know of any short cable sets like Silverstone has or would I be able to use their set with another PSU? Or could I use the Silverstone set with another manufacturer's PSU? I'm guessing that most manufacturers use proprietary connectors, but you never know.

Then again, is it even an issue? I'll have a DVD burner, 2 hard drives, and a 7900GT in the case. Would I be able to hide the wires fairly easily with "normal" length cables?

Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to plan ahead before I get something I'm not happy with :)

MajorMullet said:
Thanks for the quick reply. Too bad this behemoth is 180mm deep according to Silverstone's site.

Any power supply recommendations for this case that are sure to fit? I definitely want modular, don't want a mess of wires in this little case.

Does anyone know of any short cable sets like Silverstone has or would I be able to use their set with another PSU? Or could I use the Silverstone set with another manufacturer's PSU? I'm guessing that most manufacturers use proprietary connectors, but you never know.

Then again, is it even an issue? I'll have a DVD burner, 2 hard drives, and a 7900GT in the case. Would I be able to hide the wires fairly easily with "normal" length cables?

Sorry for all of the questions, just trying to plan ahead before I get something I'm not happy with :)
The Corsiar HX500 or HX620 will fit just fine, plus they are top notch psu's

Any std ATX psu should fit. I know its not a great psu, but I have a coolmax ezwire modular in my sg01. It is tight with my dvd burner, but not problematic. I bought mine from outpost when they were on sale a few months back and it was the sg01e.

MajorMullet said:

Ultra is supposed to have a short-cabled X2 if you dont want the Silverstone one

FNW uses the ST60F (I think they went to the 750W version of the PSU afterwards) in their Fragbox 2, which is basically a pimped out SG-01.

Thanks for the replies everyone. n00btard, thanks for telling me about Falon using the Silverstone in the Fragbox. I was able to find some pictures that confirm that it's a tight squeeze. There are some good shots here. The Fragbox only has 1 5.25" slot so it doesn't matter that the power supply cables take up the area where you would put your second drive in the SG-01. I don't have two, but it would be nice to have the option if I ever needed to add a second.

I took a look at the Corsairs that -Rc- mentioned and they do look nice. I'll also take a look at the Ultra that Steeeve mentioned. Thanks again everyone.

I wanted to update the thread and let everyone know that Outpost shipped me the evolution model of the SG-01. Really good deal if anyone is looking for one.

i have silverstone's 500w non-modular psu in mine (i think it's the strider line) if that helps. it fits just fine.

Back