Silverstone screw threads?

Justin Cider

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 28, 2007
Messages
67
Question for the Silverstone owners,what are the thread sizes for these cases is it M3 or #6-32? I was looking to buy a used TJ07, but all of the screws are missing I need to replace them all including the motherboard standoffs and thumbscrews and I figure a bunch of owners would know for sure.
 
I have an SG05 in the pile-o-parts that's all UNC 6-32 (with a few exceptions).
 
I've got a TJ07 and Silverstone used a variety of screw sizes throughout the case; they're not all one size, unfortunately.
 
Don't know what size they are, but one oddball type is a countersunk flat head phillips screw of a smallish diameter and fine thread. Not used everywhere, but enough that it'd be a drag to try to re-tap all those holes, but that's always an option. (Use a few screws as sacrificial "taps" to rethread the holes. It'd work since you'd be using steel screws into an aluminum sheet, albeit rather thick. But the screws would tap the alu. to their thread pitch/size, you'll just go through a few to get all the holes redone.)

Do ensure that when you get the case, you at least get all the stand-offs. The TJ07 uses some that are a bit longer than what you typically find in tower cases. They can be sourced, but are a drag to find.
 
Did you try calling Silverstone directly and ask for a full screwpack for a TJ07? They should be able to help you.
 
Back
Top