Silverstone RV03

Algrim

[H]ard|Gawd
My wife and I have el cheapo NZXT cases that don't really support our new 1070 cards. She used her trusty Dremel to remove our hard drive cages so that the cards would fit. Problem is they're sitting two inches above the power supply and we'd rather get a case that has a bit more room.

After looking at a few cases she decided on a RV03 case. The first case was warped (both side panels bowing out upon removal from the box). She returned it and opted to have the Amazon fulfillment ship another case. She opens up the packaging to find? Yep! You guessed it! Panel warpage on the sides (though no where near as bad as the first) and the side panels also rattled once the tape was removed from the sides.

Is this normal for the RV03? Is this normal for Silverstone cases? (I've been eyeing the RV05 myself but with the current two duds called RV03s I'm not so sure now...)

I've seen some pretty tough cases with a respectable amount of packing material still get squashed like a stress ball in transit for reasons unexplained. Could have just been a series of unfortunate events. All I can say is it looks like it's pretty well reviewed on Amazon, so if it was normal for it to arrive in such a sad state I'd think other customers surely would have started venting about it on there by now.

Unfortunately, my Amazon view showed all the Silverstone cases being reviewed as one case so it wasn't entirely obvious when someone was reviewing the RV03 specifically or another Silverstone case.

Back