Silverstone RV02 hands-on Review

does this case have any problems with getting the hot air out?

None whatsoever, the design of the case that enables hot air to naturally rise out of the case.

It is also a positive pressure case, with the intake air physically pushing out the hot air in the case wherever it can.

I get my RV02 today and will move everything over from my first-gen Raven. Excited to see the differences in layout and cooling performance!

Update: I got my PSU filter today! Silverstone's customer support was excellent.

Does it maintain positive air pressure even when the lower fans are at low speed, and even with a rear-exhausted GFX gard (eg. GTX 280) blowing out air?

The positive air idea is really, REALLY good. With filtered inlets, I swear it reduces dust intake by around 70%. At least that's the case with my FT01. I'm hoping the RV02 will work as well...

What do you think?

I know that putting the intake fans on low, cuts the RPM by half (according to speedfan).
I don't know if that would relate to a decrease of the same amount in the pressure.

This would probably be a good question for a silverstone rep, they might have facts and figures on this.

Sorry I couldn't help

Skakruk, RV02's 180mm fans run at the same speed as those in the FT01 on low setting. So positive air pressure will still be in full effect. To reiterate their spec:

FT01/RV01
180mm fan - 700rpm

RV02
180mm fan - 700rpm (low), 1000rpm (high)

Back