Silverstone Raven RV02 Evolution questions.

Djacdk

n00b
Joined
May 18, 2010
Messages
10
Hi,

As you can probably guess from the title, I've been checking out the RV02 Evo.
I am planning a new build, using a Corsair AX1200 PSU, and was wondering if I'd need extensions to reach the HDD bays, or any other part of the Raven.
Also, I plan to go 3way sli / crossfire at some point, and it doesnt look like there's room for a dual slot card in the last expansion slot, seems like the optical drive connectors might be an issue.
Also, what's the maximum CPU heatsink height I'll be able to get away with?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Djac.
 
I have the RV02...and I did use some NZXT extensions to reach my drives...I didn't want to risk having tight connections. I have two opticals and two HDs (one is an SSD but installed in an HD slot) so I got two extensions.

These are the ones I'm using:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TSCZU8

You can download the manual from Silverstone's website...they list the max dimensions...I believe its 169 cm, but that's from memory. Silverstone has outstanding manuals for cases....much better than many I have seen.

Also, whether you have space in that last slot depends on the length of your optical drives. I have both a blu ray and a DVD, and I have more room that some others do based on the pictures I have seen in threads like this one. Some drives are longer than others, apparently.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone who can tell me what size cpu coolers the Raven will fit?
Also, how well it filters dust, since that's the major issue with my current rig, a HAF 932
 
I've had the RV02 and now FT02 and love them both. I also use the AX1200 PSU. While the other poster used the extensions, they are NOT required as your PSU will reach everything fine with the normal cables.

You can use most of the popular HSF's without any issue. I've used TRUE's and the Prolimatech Mega Shadow in mine with no problems. I've seen a couple of posts with the massive Noctua cooler in there as well so you should be fine whichever way you go.

The dust filters work extremely well in this case - and the positive pressure design keeps dust inside the case to a minimum. As long as you keep the panels on and clean the filters regularly, you should have very little dust inside. Even had I had my case sitting on the floor, there was almost no dust inside me case.

Edit: here is a post showing the Noctua cooler installed - this is probably one of the largest coolers out there right now so most everything else will be fine for you. The case shown is a FT02 LE Red but it's basically the same inside as the RV02:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036890663&postcount=2233
 
Thanks alot for all the help, I'm rather happy this case will fit my requirements, though I'm still somewhat nervous about filling the last PCIe x16 slot on my Asus P6X58d-e.
just doesnt look like its gonna work, though I remain hopeful, anybody who could answer this, once and for all, I'd be very appreciative.( my optical drives are 170mm long)
 
Back
Top