• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silverstone LC20 case fan direction - Please Help

Joined
Sep 21, 2006
Messages
3
I just ordered a Silverstone LC20 to make a HTPC and was trying to figure out which way the fan on the side of the case should be pointing. I first thought a side fan would be an intake, but it is kind of near the back of the case and also near the main 2 back fans, and I am not sure if it is also supposed to be an exhaust.

Front fans blow in, rear fans blow out. What about the side near the rear? The side grate will be near where the motherboard and cpu will end up if that helps.

Here is a pic of the case -
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/lc20/interior/LC20.jpg

This is a top down view with the front of the case on top and the fan in question will be on the left hand side near the bottom.
 
Why not just get everything into the case first and test the temps with each direction? I doubt it'll make a big diff.
 
I've got that same case and the HS on my CPU is right up against that hole. No room for a fan.
 
Back
Top