• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SilverStone Fortress FT04

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
The crew at Vortez seem mighty impressed with the SilverStone Fortress FT04 they have on the test bench this morning. Here's a snippet from the full review:

Fortress FT04 looks very familiar indeed. Adopting the same chassis as Raven 4, this striking full-tower has some key advantages over its associate. SilverStone have furnished FT04 with premium aluminum front and top panels to deliver a luxury visual appearance and feel. Make no mistake, this case oozes style and finesse. SilverStone appear to have included almost every conceivable feature inside this exciting new case so it’s about time we begin our analysis.
 
I love the FT series, particularly my FT-02, and have been wondering what Silverstone would come up with as a successor that incorporated some of the more modern developments in case design, but I can't help but think that having to open the front panel to access the optical drive is a mistake. I've never been a fan of cases that require extra steps to do something common (although actually using the optical drive isn't something I do very often these days.)
 
USB and headset plugs are on the side, not the top. Plus the optical drive issue. Those instantly put it into the avoid pile.
 
USB and headset plugs are on the side, not the top. Plus the optical drive issue. Those instantly put it into the avoid pile.

This is why I'm not getting it. Its a nice case overall, but something like this would just make it more work to access the usb ports. The optical drive issue I could live with.
 
I love the FT series, particularly my FT-02, and have been wondering what Silverstone would come up with as a successor that incorporated some of the more modern developments in case design, but I can't help but think that having to open the front panel to access the optical drive is a mistake. I've never been a fan of cases that require extra steps to do something common (although actually using the optical drive isn't something I do very often these days.)

I'm in the same boat. Love the FT-02. This just seems like a MASSIVE step back in my opinion. There isnt anything to set itself apart. I didnt much like the FT-03 either. I want a return of the vertical airflow style.
 
Back
Top