• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silverlight : Which language? (help a nublet)

LightningCrash

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Dec 29, 2000
Messages
2,498
I'm needing to make a GUI app for a space game, and I figured, hey, Silverlight.

It would basically be a zoomable (Google maps style) map with an overhead of a starmap. You could click on your fleet and right-click on a star system within range to send the fleet there.
I had a crude mockup in Pygame, but decided I wanted it in-browser.

Currently I only know Python, PHP, Awk, Bash, and some bits of Perl.
I am not opposed to learning a new language if it would make the project easier overall.

I know IronPython is out there, is this worth bothering with? Should I just pick up C# and be done with it?

I'm also open to IDE suggestions. I have a Windows7 VM fired up and currently have VS 2008 Express installed. Is there anything else worth a crap for these?

Thanks,
-LC
 
Well, if you want to do silverlight then C# is the most common language, and Visual Studio 2008 rules the roost for sure.
 
Back
Top