• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silver Surfer Acrylic Hybrid Case

Alch3mist

n00b
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
25
I want to be the first to mod this one, and do it justice.
I took a decent wallpaper and rendered out the background:

BEFORE:
ss01.jpg


AFTER:
silversurfer01.gif


Then made the render into a digital applique:

AFTER PRINT:
ss02.gif


The Plan is to take an acrylic case, and mod the entire case to look like space, and the open side will have silver surfer , moon, and planet. To get the space effect I'm either going to cover the inside of the case with a vinyl wrap with stars and planets cut out,
or make mini appliques (templates) of planets and stars, stick them to the inside of case and paint it with plasti-coat, than remove the appliques to lets light shine throught those areas. Im not sure if I should use UV lights, or Ultra Whites ??? I guess i'll have to
test both... The first thing I have to do is cut out the appliques, then decide on a clear case........
 
This is going to be cooool...if you don't over do it, and if you can pull it off.

GL
 
Cool, Let your creativity flow! Hopefully you dont leave the case stock ;)
 
we need to see a silver surfer edition LCD panel! I want you to have a 5.25" drive bay LCD with the surfer graphics! :) And stuff!
 
Back
Top