Silver Case to Accommodate 8800GTS?

grandmaster

Limp Gawd
Hi there,

I spent a few days this week attempting to cram my new build PC into a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case. Despite being huge, it seemed to be very cramped inside and my worst fears were confirmed when my stack of hard disks could not be accommodated due to the length of my brand new 8800GTS, which banged directly into the hard disks (an overlap of around 1-2cm)

Can any one recommend a classy silver case which will safely accommodate the 8800GTS without it banging into anything?

Also, can any one recommend a cooler with a four-pin fan power socket? My Zalman always runs at max speed because it's a three pin power socket and the motherboard has four pins - according to Supermicro, I need a four-pin cooler.

My spec:
Supermicro PDSG4 motherboard
Intel Pentium D 965EE CPU
2x1GB Crucial RAM
PNY 8800GTS
1x40gb system drive
2x500gb RAID-0 data drive
Creative X-Fi gamer edition
16x DVD-RW
Floppy Drive

Many thanks for any pointers.

This one is a little more than your looking to spend..(I think).. but all your gear will fit no problem, and it is a good looking case, imo.

Nice case, but ELEVEN 5.25" slots?! That must be a monster compared to the Tsunami Dream. And it is a bit pricey yes!

Can the Silverstone TJ05 take the 8800GTS?

Lian-Li makes some nice cases. You might want to look into them.

What about this ? It's a similar design to your Tsunami but has the hard drives mounted across so you can cram as many of them as you want without running into your 8800GTS. The black one looks much better though, imo.

Back