Silliest Windows Problem ever? (Display properties)

Nohpys

Limp Gawd
THings are going from bad to worse, this is like some kind of comedy sketch. Now when i do Ctrl+F the Find Next button is constantly greyed out.

It sounds like you have some problems either in the registry or some corrupted system files. Are you running XP? If so, is there any chance you have an older restore point? Depending on what programs you have installed and what settings you have tweaked, a repair from the CD may help, but like I said, more info is needed as far as alterations/tweaks, installed programs, and if you have any programs installed along with device drivers (like NView for NVidia cards). At this point, though, it's hard to tell what these symptoms are pointing to. Have you checked the MSKB for any issues with opening display settings or with installing Kapersky?

OK since I removed window blinds I can access my display properties again.

As for the Find problem, i think that is due to a nasty little app called ShellXP.

BTW: Did the recent Java update from MS completely screw anyone elses web-browsing? Any javascript popup links no longer work for me.

Originally posted by Nohpys
BTW: Did the recent Java update from MS completely screw anyone elses web-browsing? Any javascript popup links no longer work for me.

Java and JavaScript are two totally different entities ... the Java update would probably screw up anything that uses the JVM (either Sun's or Microsoft's implementation), but wouldn't mess with JavaScript.

Yeah I cant remember what the update was because I cant find it on Knowledge Base.

Basically any link which is a javascript popup no longer works for me. Anyone got any soloutions?

try running the following command:

sfc /scannow

good luck. make sure you have your windows xp cd/iso handy

Back