• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Silent laptop cooling pad?

Zangmonkey

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
5,866
Sometimes I want to leave a notebook doing a long process overnight and I don't like it staying hot.

Is there a silent cooling pad anybody can recommend?
 
I recently bought a Rubbermaid cutlery tray on Amazon to set my computer on. It's a simple, cheap, ugly piece of plastic that helps with airflow at least a little.
 
Sometimes I want to leave a notebook doing a long process overnight and I don't like it staying hot.

Is there a silent cooling pad anybody can recommend?

I have used a few of them and honestly they all seemed kind of crappy and poorly made.

Better off just siting a desk fan next to it, at least that has multiple purposes.
 
I'm going to agree ever cooling pad I have ever seen is crap, you'd be better off just getting a fan to blow under it.
 
I use a cooling pad I got from one of the daily sale sites, seems to help. Do not see brand on it. Looks similar to the imicro one on amazon. (going by the picture)
I have a spyker brand with a 160mm USB powered fan it is quiet.
Since my last laptop upgrade I do not bother with them except as trays on cloth surfaces.

I see vacuum add on coolers which I had not seen before. (for exhaust grill)
 
Back
Top