Silence...it's about time!

RickyJ

Gawd
Got everything installed today (finally). Fixed the barb leakage by krazy glueing them in place. I had a spare barb, so I put that at the top of the res, and it's my fill tube now.

Spent about 12 hours today, installed everything, doing more case mods, etc. Lapped my NB a bit, so that my new MCX159 would sit nicely. The stock heatsink (I used OCZ Ultra2 on it a year ago) was only contacting the chip on the corners, so I couldn't leave it like that.

I didn't bother using krazy glue and AS5 on the mosfets and the southbridge, so I'm using the thermal material that comes with the OCZ copper flower sinks. The OCZ copper BGA sinks were lapped to 2000 grit and installed with AS5 and a small dab of krazy glue in 2 opposite corners of each chip.

There was just enough room between the GPU shim and my Fusion HL block to slip a thermal diode next to the core, so that's done. Stuck the anti-crush pads from my RBX around the GPU core, to help keep the core from chipping. There was also enough room for me to slip a diode between my RBX and the CPU shim, so that's also installed nicely. Another diode is against the NB, and the 4th is taped to my res.

At idle, my CPU temps dropped 12-13C according to the mobo sensors. My Aerogate2 says the CPU/GPU/NB are all sitting nicely at 34C, with a water temp of 30C (doubting that it's actually measuring water temp there). Temperatures don't change when the rad fans are on the highest setting or the lowest, so that's good. I haven't put a load on it yet, and won't be able to until Tuesday when my LCD arrives.

When the loop was leaktesting, this MCP600 created a water tornado in the res. I'm using the #4 plate in my RBX.

Sorry, no pics. I'm moving Sunday (heh, today) and the new landlord doesn't have a digicam. I might be able to scam one off someone, but that's not likely gonna happen soon. Think cramped 17" case, with a watercooling loop added to it. :p

Stang Man said:
just a little in the corners
Yup, just like I said. I can't really blame him for missing that, since it was a fairly long read.

Spread the AS5, leave 2 diagonally opposite corners bare. I used a pin to get the glue from the tip of the tube, and spread it on the chips that way. They stuck well. :)

This case sure is heavy now. :eek: The Aerogate2 beeps on startup, and it's loud and annoying. It's shallow though, and barely clears my rad fans.

Back