Signup for an Eval XP 64bit for A64\Opteron

I

Ice Czar

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Customer Preview Program

If you have a 64-bit ready PC, you now have the option to receive trial software for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems via CD or download. Read below about the different options for obtaining the pre-release software, and then use the links on the right to register to order the CD Kit or download product files. Please note that in either case, the pre-release software is time-limited and will expire in 360 days.

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition is designed to address the most demanding needs of technical workstation users who require large amounts of memory and floating point performance in areas such as mechanical design and analysis, digital content creation and scientific and high-performance computing applications.

System Requirements:

PC with an AMD Athlon64 or Opteron processor
256MB RAM
1.5GB available hard-disk space
Super VGA (800x600) or higher resolution video card
CD-ROM or DVD drive
Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
Important: Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems is only compatible with 64-bit AMD Opteron– or Athlon 64-based computers. It cannot be successfully installed on 64-bit Intel Itanium–based systems.

not that many of us have Itaniums :p

Just signed up myself ;) (Dual 244s)

Download
If you choose to register to download the software, be aware that you will not receive the product CD. The downloadable product software is available in English only.

When you register to download the product software, Microsoft will send you an e-mail message with download instructions.

After you have completed the download registration process, you will receive an e-mail message with a link to the download page. On the download page, you will see a link to the Setup file and a Product Key for the software you wish to install. The file will be in ISO format and must be burned to a CD before you can install the software on your computer.

The download files are large (approximately 450 megabytes) so the download may take a considerable time to complete. Microsoft recommends only those with broadband, ADSL or other high-speed Internet connections attempt this download.

Note: The CD version of this product will not be available until approximately mid February. Your order for this item will be processed when inventory becomes available.

The estimated download times for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems (420 MB) are 16 hours 17 minutes @ 56k, 1 hour 28 minutes on DSL, and 37 minutes on T1.

Update, this is Build 1069 of WinXP64
(according to a few beta testers over at AMD support forums)
the same build that was released to them a few months ago and its supposed to be 100% Stable and runs great

For the record
Native Support
some drivers will automatically load, while others may need to be selected from the list so LOOK

AMD series 8000 chipset drivers are natively supported
Hypertransport
8151 AGP 3.0 Graphics Tunnel
8131 PCI-X Tunnel
8111 I/O Hub
(the Tyan K8W & K8S Chipset)

ATi native Microsoft drivers work, but arent optimize

Realtek gigabit drivers are natively supported according to grennis

Released Drivers

VIA Hyperion 4 in 1 for the K8 chipset (K8T800)
VIA Audio driver for integrated controller
VIA V-RAID, RAID utility and SATA driver
VIA IDE Port driver
VIA AGP controller driver
VIA Inf driver

NVIDIA Forceware v52.14 BETA

Promise FastTrak S150 TX XP64 BETA

Planetamd64 Driver Database
Storage Drivers >
Silicon Image 3112 SATALink Driver for WinXP64
Silicon Image 3114 IDE for WinXP64
Silicon Image 3114 RAID for WinXP64

POST LINKS TO OTHER DRIVERS BELOW OR REPORT NATIVE SUPPORT
I'll add them up here with this list ;)

contributed by dylman

Memtest86+ released AMD64\Opteron Support

http://www.memtest.org/

Based on the well-known original memtest86 written by Chris Brady, memtest86+ is a port by some members of the x86-secret team. Our goal is to provide an up-to-date and completly reliable version of this software tool aimed at memory failures detection.

Memtest86+ is, like the original, released under the terms of the Gnu Public License (GPL). No restrictions for use, private or commercial exist other than the ones mentioned in the Gnu Public License (GPL). Texts about the original version was taken from the original website and written by Chris Brady.

Changelog:

Enhancement in v1.0 (Based on Memtest86 V3.0) :

* Lots of bug-fixes, works now with all AMD64.
* Added detection for Athlon 64 / Opteron
* Added detection for latest Athlon XP (including Barton)
* Added detection for latest Pentium 4 (including Prescott)
* Added detection for SiS735/740/745/748/755/645/655
* Added detection for ATi Radeon 9100 IGP (RS300)
* Added detection for nVidia nForce/nForce2(400/Ultra)/nForce3/nForce3-S
* Added detection for VIA KT266(A)/333/KT400(A)/KT600/PT800/PT880/K8T800
* Added detection for i865P/PE/G/i875P/E7500/E7501/E7205
* ECC initialization & ECC polling added for all AMD64 CPUs
* ECC initialization & ECC polling added for i875P and E7501 & E7205
* Added complete advanced settings detection for i875P, AMD64 and nForce2.
* Added partial advanced settings detection for KT266(A)/KT333.
* Corrected ECC Error not counted as a global error anymore.
* Added a "safe-mode" (press F1 when memtest86+ loading) in case of freeze.
* Source code now compatible with gcc 3

Apologies if this has already been posted...

Back