Siemens SE567 ADSL Modem - Disabling router functions and use a proprietary router?

r2edline

Gawd
Just got my Siemens SE567 ADSL Modem/Wireless Router. It is a real pain to hook it up, obviously with a built-in antenna the signal strength is horrible on the wireless and I already have a full home network setup with a wireless router and several wired desktops. All I want to do is use the SE567 to replace my old 3COM ADSL modem as strictly a modem and disable all wireless and non-wireless router functions. I know how to disable the wireless functions and have already done so, but I'm still getting no connection through my proprietary wireless router (hardwired or wireless).

So this is where I'm at and I'm stuck, I know it's a problem with the SE567 because I plug in my old 3COM modem and the internet works fine through the proprietary router (hardwired and wireless). Any ideas?

You need to look for an option or something similar sounding to "Bridge Mode"

Most likely it's either setup for PPPoE or DHCP with the modem itself taking your public IP. There should be some sort of bridge mode that passes that public IP on to your router.

If you are using PPPoE you will need the user/pass to set your router up to handle the authentication with the modem in bridge.

Back