Siege of Mirkwood

HaMMerHeD

[H]F Junkie
So, for the handful of LOTRO players on this board, what do you think of the features we know of for the Siege of Mirkwood expansion?

I'm pretty excited about it, especially for the new skirmish system (diary 1 and 2).

Also, I just got this in my email box:

mirkwood.jpg

so I am pretty pleased with Turbine right now.

Plus, the trailer looks really good.

So what do my fellow lotro peeps think about Mirkwood based on what is out there so far?

No idea, but this has always been a game that looks interesting to me (as a LotR geek), but I've never played. What's it like, gameplay-wise? Do Ihave to endure WoW-like grinding, or is it actually fun?

No idea, but this has always been a game that looks interesting to me (as a LotR geek), but I've never played. What's it like, gameplay-wise? Do Ihave to endure WoW-like grinding, or is it actually fun?

There is griding if you care to do it, and once you get into Moria and beyond and start building your legendary weapons, there is (or was) more grinding than I care to admit. They just introduced some repeatable quests that will get just about any legendary weapon maxed out within a week, but before that, the legendary items were brutal.

But for the most part, the grinding that is there is skippable.

There is griding if you care to do it, and once you get into Moria and beyond and start building your legendary weapons, there is (or was) more grinding than I care to admit. They just introduced some repeatable quests that will get just about any legendary weapon maxed out within a week, but before that, the legendary items were brutal.

But for the most part, the grinding that is there is skippable.

Awesome, I might check it out after this expansion then!

yep... I've been on a break from LOTRO but will pick it up again to try the new content out. :)

Back