Sidekick 3 question

Prod1702

Limp Gawd
I was looking at buying a Sidekick 3 and i had some questions to the ppl that have them. my 1st question is can i hook it up to my laptop and use it has a modem. i have looked at reviews on this and some say yes and some say no. I was also looking to know about ppls pros and cons about the sidekick. like battery life. How well it works as a cel phone. things in that area. Thanks for any help i can get on this.

For the price you can get a smaller phone, running windows mobile, and have much more functionality. Look into a T-Mobile MDA, or similar PDA phone. Or check out www.howardforums.com

thanks for the post. the main reason i dont want to get a PDA cel is because i have a Dell X51v. I am happy with that as my PDA. I just want to be able to surf the net and use like aim outside of my house. I was hoping i could use it with my laptop so then i can have internet anywhere with my laptop.

the part about using the sidekick 3 as a modem is not true, whoever told you that is wrong. the usb port on a sidekick 3 is used for developers to create programs for the sidekick 3 OR to calendar, notes, organizer plans over from your computer but only with a special program you have to buy. so the modem is out of the question.

second part, i hear the battery life on the sidekick 3 is so bad. my friends would use the sidekick 3 for half of the day (internet + phone) and it would die on them. i def wouldn't recommend the sidekick 3, get a windows mobile phone such as the t-mobile dash or something similar. besides i think t-mobile is implementing (or is it already?) 3g technology nationwide so if you have a 3g enabled device, your internet speeds would improve dramatically. the sidekick 3 is not a 3g enabled device.

do some more research, online and look into other pda/smart phones. :)

thanks for the info on the sidekick. i was looking in some forums and saw that there is a new sidekick coming out. i think it was called the Sidekick NG or X. it was said to be able to use the new network t-mobile is going to have and give you video playback. I am in Iraq right now. got 3 months left and was looking into stuff for when i get home. so maybe i will get lucky and that one will come out before i get home. thanks again for the post

i heard that the new sidekick that is supposedly coming out is fake. i was told that somebody created and printed the schedules for the sidekick releases out on their computer then posted it on a wall and took a picture of it which makes it look real but it's really not.

Back