side-by-side mount for Apple 27"

hiptoss

Weaksauce
Hello,

I've looked through the last 30-40 pages of the display thread, and the last 10-15 of the 'show your apple setup' and I haven't seen a setup that has two Apple 27" displays side-by-side. Would anyone be able to point me toward a mount that is capable of doing this?

Try the "BOA II" by Monitors In Motion

They show on their website 2 27" iMacs side by side, but hold on to your panties, 'cause they aint cheap.

double_boa_1279416389.jpg

Couldn't you use any dual monitor mount with a VESA adapter for each display?

The 27" Cinema Display is not a tiny monitor, some of the cheaper mounts cannot separate far enough apart to put the monitors side by side, then their are weight concerns, and how much you trust it to hold 2 of those spendy displays.

The Sidewinder 2, is a little less robust, but its rated for 26lbs, and i think the 27" cinema display is about 24lbs, the 27" iMac is about 31lbs.

Try the "BOA II" by Monitors In Motion

They show on their website 2 27" iMacs side by side, but hold on to your panties, 'cause they aint cheap.
I was holding my britches, but your warning couldn't have prepared me enough. I'm floored by how expensive this is. I'm looking to double up on 27 ACD's this year, but I'm not going to be doing this.

Thank goodness they sit next to each other fine without a mount.

I totally forgot about this thread. I looked at that BOA II last year, and basically just shut down because there's no way I was going to pay that. Now that I'm looking again, I figured it may be worth asking here again, and clarifying that I need to mount the monitors in portrait mode. (is that possible?) Each display weighs 23.5lbs, so I'm looking for something that is be able to hold at least 50lb.

Back