• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SID chip?

I'm guessing you're after the 6581s? I'm not sure what you're up to but the only way I ever got my hands on them was through dead donor c64s or later just attic find c64s.. Absolutely no way to tell what you're going to get on ebay AFAIK so if you need them in bulk it's going to be hard. Especially if you want a specific revision since the filters sound different (arguably).

Are you just an avid vintage collector or are you building a space ship to planet 6502? If so, bring me with you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
I'm guessing you're after the 6581s? I'm not sure what you're up to but the only way I ever got my hands on them was through dead donor c64s or later just attic find c64s.. Absolutely no way to tell what you're going to get on ebay AFAIK so if you need them in bulk it's going to be hard. Especially if you want a specific revision since the filters sound different (arguably).

Are you just an avid vintage collector or are you building a space ship to planet 6502? If so, bring me with you.

Unrelated to anything i'm currently doing, but what's your opinion of this? Mode13, in terms of the space ship

 
Yeah, most people get SID chips from non working Commadore 64's, but C64's are getting pretty spendy these days.
 
  • Like
Reactions: erek
like this
Unrelated to anything i'm currently doing, but what's your opinion of this? Mode13, in terms of the space ship



I freaking love that thing. For a young student it would be great too since they have the LEDs lighting up as the registers get hit and do their magic. For a space ship, we got to the moon on similar horsepower! Might have to bring a backup raspberry pi though :p
 
Back
Top