sickbeard, sabnzbd and couchpotato

silk186

[H]ard|Gawd
I have no TV and follow an number of series. Others have mentioned these apps so it doesn't seem to be against forum rules.

What are you experiences. I working on trying to set up SickBeard and CouchPotato. What are you experiences, which do you prefer? I haven't gotten any to work yet so I can't give any feedback yet myself.

sickbeard used to be awesome. I have since switched to nzbdrone. It has some bugs, but for the most part, it looks better and is more feature rich if you have the time to play with it. After nzbmatrix went down sickbeard just wasn't as reliable for me.

sickbeard vs couchpotato is an apples/oranges comparison. one does tv and the other does movies.

I used CP in the past and it seemed pretty reliable, but I just opt to keep an eye for releases on my own. I use block accounts on various providers (some are not required to follow dmca and others have super high retention) so I prefer to monitor what I'm getting more closely.

Good luck.

@ru!ner - discussion of the software doesn't seem to be against forum rules as several other threads have mentioned them. If a mod feels that it not appropriate let me know.

@SticKx911 I realized that CP was for movies. I agree that this doesn't really seem as useful.
I will look into nzbdrone over the next few days. sickbeard looks fine to me, I just haven't figured out how to configure it correctly.

After nzbmatrix went down sickbeard just wasn't as reliable for me.

The sickbeard index has improved but is still not great. If you use the best index (oznzb) sickbeard is still pretty good, doesn't miss anything.

nzbdrone looks intriguing, might look at switching.

Couch Potato is in the same boat as SickBeard, you need to use a good tracker otherwise it won't find jack shit.

By the way, oznzb is amazing. Yes you have to pay but it is well worth it, the site links directly with sabnzbd for bad downloads and you can rate and report downloads right from your client.

By the way, oznzb is amazing. Yes you have to pay but it is well worth it, the site links directly with sabnzbd for bad downloads and you can rate and report downloads right from your client.

thanks for the recomendation. I've been using usenet-crawler and omgwtfnzbs with mild success.

I'm still trying to figure out how these works. I have no experience with usenets and got into the internet just after BBS.

Seems I can pay for usenet and get surperiour performance, or I can use RSS feeds which I also have no experience.

If anyone has can give me some advice feel free to PM me.

First thing you should do is try to get hooked up with an indexing site such as oznzb (there are others) you'll have to pay something for the VIP features. Once you do that, choose a Usenet provider, sign up, get SabNZB, install and configure it, look at Sickbeard, its easy to configure and you are done. I have been using Sickbeard for a couple of years now and its rock solid, I grab probably 20 or more shows a week with it, no issues. This whole solution is only as good as your indexing site and your Usenet provider though, so they are quite important.

Look at nzbdrone/sonarr I ran sickbeard for years and its 100x nicer.

Also consider nzbget/sabnzbd

What usenet providers are you guys using. Everything started to disappear so fast that I gave up on newsgroup and just RSS feed from torrents using utorret. It works well.

What usenet providers are you guys using. Everything started to disappear so fast that I gave up on newsgroup and just RSS feed from torrents using utorret. It works well.

get a block account at tweak news. it's slower, and more expensive, but they're dutch so don't have to comply with dmca requests. It makes for a good backup service.

I'm using Astraweb (unlimited) with Blocknews as a backup (purchased 100GB 3 years ago and its still going)

Also, just quietly, I paid for 1 year of Astraweb 3 years ago... ;)

oznzb is by far the best tracker, I was using usenetcrawler and NZBGrabit (paid) for a long time but oznzb is far and away the best and all I use since I discovered it.

I am with Giganews, been with them for years, I also have a backup account with Tweak, helps complete failed downloads, I buy 100GB blocks every few months.

The first rule of Usenet is you don't talk about Usenet.

there is a little truth here. it's useful because its complicated and not accessible to the masses (well used to be more so). if it were stupid easy it wouldn't be as powerful or it would be attacked like the rest.

Back