shuttle owners, help me out a sec?

bleed3r

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Messages
391
I've been trying to find out if I can use a heatsink with the same holes mounting as the ice unit. Someone has already showed that the amd heatsink mounting holes dont match up. But the ice holes appear to look alot like the p4 mounting holes.

Can you measure ICE holes for me? I assume they are the same on all of the models, but specificly I am planning for an SN45G

Anyways, as in the following link, P4 mounting holes are 88.90mm apart on the long side, and 59.44mm apart on the short side.
(milimeters im assuming)

http://www.thermalright.com/a_images/slk948u/slk948u_k8_dim01.gif

If you could measure this it would help alot so I can order my system (to decide weather I need to get a clip or if I can mount)

Even better, you could check with a p4 heatsink if you have one.

Btw, I think you can easily measure this by flipping your shuttle upside-down; there are little "dents" underneath that make room for the screws.


Anyways, there might be one last issue if the P4 holes match. That being if the backplate fits underneath the mobo between the case, AND if the hs is centered over the cpu properly (relying on the shape of the ice block-position of holes) :eek: but I'm less worried about that, the measurements are the big deal.

thx
 
i would help ya, but im too lazy to dismount that damn ICE thing and measure all the shit. too many wires/screws :p
 
I believe that they use the p4 spec.

The only problem with mounting a non ICE cooler would be height.

-dB
 
Originally posted by Dillusion
i would help ya, but im too lazy to dismount that damn ICE thing and measure all the shit. too many wires/screws :p

ha!

I was just thinking the same thing.

these Shuttles arent exactly the easiest of systems to dismount. especially because of all the crap thats around the ICE mount in the first place.

oh well, I'm sure someone will pull through for ya. good luck... :)
 
I know for a fact that the SN41G2 uses the P4 spec. And I'm 95% sure that the 45 has the same mount points.
 
Btw, I think you can easily measure this by flipping your shuttle upside-down; there are little "dents" underneath that make room for the screws.

is it so?


I'm planning on modding the interfering drive cage to allow the height.

I hope to buy an SP-94 or the SLK-947.

ItsTooHot: sounds good, but just want some confirmation from someone

If I go ahead with this I shouldn't have a prob with the plate underneath would I? If nobody knows this but the holes are confirmed I'll go ahead and try it anyways.
Why do all the amd heatsinks come with plastic sheets to put between the x-plate and mobo and not the p4 ones? Also, if using a shim that would make the "white circular cusion pads" not needed.
 
Back
Top