Shuttle K45 DOA?

TeedOff

[H]ard|Gawd
I got one of those cheap Shuttle K45s...thought I'd drop in an E2180 and 2GB I had here for a cheap but decent internet PC for the wife. The barebone arrived yesterday and I dropped my parts in.

When I tried to fire it up the CPU fan spins up, but there is no video output at all. Dead. The CPU and RAM came from a working machine, so I am confident they are good. I do notice that there are a small red and a small green LED that come on near each memory slot. If I remove one RAM stick the red light goes out. I've tried both DDR2 667 and 800 RAM sticks...same result either way. Interestingly (but maybe coincidental) is that the power and HDD activity LEDs on the front never light up.

Any thoughts or tips? At this point I'm about to call it DOA and send it back, but I know shuttles can be finicky (this is the 4th one I've had)...maybe someone's seen this before...

Mine did the same thing. I wonder if this is why they were on special...:eek:

A little followup...sent the shuttle back to the reseller (RMA) and got a replacement. Its all good now.

Good deal!

I'm hooked on the Shuttles myself, got a couple of other ones at work and one at home.

Yeh I like my little K45 system alot... I use it for TV recording (PVR)... but it is so damn cute, how could you not like it...

Rob in Mesquite,Tx

Ended up buying a second one for Mom as a Christmas gift. That one worked great out of the box. Wifey's pleased with her's now, so its all good.

I loaded one up for dad xmas gift, with a pci ATI 2400, 2 1 TB drives, e1400 celeron and vista ultimate for a pretty good little htpc. I was actually surprised it handled HD stuff so well.

I hope your new one works out, its really a great little machine.

RE:I loaded one up for dad xmas gift, with a pci ATI 2400"

Yeh I tried to find a PCI ATI 2400 on ebay but they wanted too much for them used.. they were going for about 50.00 each.. I run SAGETV on my K45 and record Satellite shows. I tested all the PVR software and that one seemed the best written.

Rob in Mesquite,Tx

Back