Shuttle Cases

waffle man

n00b
What do you think of shuttle cases?

Mainly, are they hard to cool? I know you can make a top of the line computer and use a hsuttle case, and it would be good for when I go some where. Easy to pack up a bring if I am staying somewhere for a while.

Shuttles for reasons obvious run hotter then thier ATX betheran. The ICE cooling systems work very well for what they are designed to do and their PSU's are very high quality making them capable of running even the highest end of most hardware.

That being said, Shuttles do have their limits, mainly in overclocking and heat managment. You can go to serious extremes to keep a Shuttle cool but it will take alot of modifications in order for it to compete with an ATX box in comparison. I would recommend reading up at the SFFtech forums to get more incite.

SffTech

They run hotter but i really like them i just got myself a Shuttle SN95G5 Socket 939 and its very good so far.

my friends brother has got one, and its got all the top of the line shiznit in it... he sayts everythings good with it, and him being such a comp know it all Im sure they cool fine

I just redid my HTPC in an SN45 Shuttle SFF case, and did one mod before setting up the system......I cut out the stamped fan grill in the back of the case, and replaced it with a wire grill.
The system had originally been built in a Shuttle SN41G2 case, without that mod, mostly because I built it before I started doing modding.

I can tell you that I got a 10 degree F lowering of cpu temperature from just doing that mod. :)

My next mod is going to be to cut a couple fan holes in the sides of the case, and just install grills, to see if I can increase the air flow thru the case (the stamped out holes in the sides are pretty limited). Then I'll probably try slim fans there, to see how much difference it makes.

Of course, that'll happen once I find the time......somewhere in the next 4 or 5 years, I suppose!! LOL :p

Nivram said:
I cut out the stamped fan grill in the back of the case, and replaced it with a wire grill.
After removing the grill, I replaced the stock fan with a Vantec Tornado running 7v. Same airflow, but no noise.

Back