Shure SE215 BT2 $79

crazycuz20

Limp Gawd
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Are these passsive or active noise cancelling?
Shure calls it sound isolation. But, yes it's just passive via physical foam from the tips. With that said, I use them (se215 corded) when I go shooting. Haven't had any issues. I wouldn't even try it with the rubber tips though.

I use my se535’s on planes and commuting all the time. With the foam tips and good seal, they work really well for isolation.

Shure, Etymotic, Klipsch, Sony, for all the EIMs I've used the expanding foam has been the most effective, and something about the comply tips for the Shure's they worked the best. I would love to experience active noise cancellation with the comply foam tips. The rubber variants are garbage IMO.

I have the Shure 535 Limited edition and compared to my previous In-ear buds they sound great. I've spent $40-50 for other brands before but most are just average to decent in sound and noise isolation and tend to break after a year or two. If you can afford it and want better sound, a higher-end Earbud is a good choice imho. (y)

I think I'm going to recommend something like this to my wife after she breaks yet another $200 Bose set.

The one good thing about some of the higher end earbuds (And this one) is that quite a few have detachable earbuds, so you can replace the cable if it breaks with either a new one, or you can get some custom made ones. (At least for some of them) I do know they make custom cables for the earbuds I have. (535) Best thing to do is research them to see what you like and what you want.

The one good thing about some of the higher end earbuds (And this one) is that quite a few have detachable earbuds, so you can replace the cable if it breaks with either a new one, or you can get some custom made ones. (At least for some of them) I do know they make custom cables for the earbuds I have. (535) Best thing to do is research them to see what you like and what you want.
Thank you! This is great to know as 2 of hers were just cabling issues. They sit in the 'I will fix someday' pile. :D

you do have to make sure that that the earbuds CAN be detached though. I think that's a common feature on most of the upper end ones. Numerous replacement cables for the Shure 215 on amazon when I looked though FYI.

you do have to make sure that that the earbuds CAN be detached though. I think that's a common feature on most of the upper end ones. Numerous replacement cables for the Shure 215 on amazon when I looked though FYI.
Yep, will definitely watch for this. I know replaceable stuff was more common on regular cans, but didn't know it's also made it way into iems until now. (y)

Back