• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Shure E3C Recommendations

Orayn

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
243
I'm thinking of getting some Shure E3Cs, but I have a few questions first.
1. How's the isolation on these? My Sony noise-cancelling headphones are nice, but outside noise is still pretty clear.
2. How's the sound quality? Will it "blow me away?" How's the bass? Even my friend's cheap in-ears seem to have very powerful bass, and it makes my Sony headphones seem completely pathetic.
3. Should I get an amp for them? If so, what specific models? These will be used mostly for listening to my iPod while in the car, walking my dog, or just out and about.
4. I was also considering the ATH-500s for a full-headphone solution. How do they compare?
 
1) Very good.
2) Meh. You could do much better for the same amount of money
3) I think you would be better off with different phones then buying an amp for the Shure's you mentioned
4) Over the ear full sized cans are not really comparable to IEMS. ;)
 
Okay, in that case, what do you suggest for approximately the same amount of money?
 
if you're not too concerned about highs, look at the westone UM1s for about 100-110.
 
Well, I listen to a lot of solo-heavy metal, so highs would actually be nice to hang on to. Basically, I want medium-to-strong base, strong mid, strong high. Just quality across the board, really.
 
Back
Top