Shure E2c buds...

JBavousett

Gawd
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
684
Grabbed a pair at Best Buy today...got tired of the iPod buds that came with the player. Wowzer what an upgrade. Question though...should I return these and step up to the E3c's? Is there enough of a difference to justify the extra $80? And has anyone tried the Bose buds? I have a Bose Aviation X, blows my old Telex flight gear out of the water. I've never been that impressed with the Bose personal lines...my 300xz speakers were flat as a sheet of paper. Do the new Tri-port phones step up?

Anyway...I do really like these buds, but if there's a better option for ~ the same cash, I'd like to know.
 
I have a set of them myself, however i hear the e4's are much more of a upgrade over the e3's. It really depends, i belive the e3c are a tad crisper then the e2's, cant confirm this myself as i only have the E2G's which were modded. I remember reading somewhere that they have a tad more bass, again i cant confirm this myself. The e2 has bass, just very tight and almost seems not there at times.
 
I have E2s and I got some E3cs on sale on Black Friday for $99. To make a long story short, I returned. I wasn't happy with them at all. Most people don't care for the E3s. If you want to step up, buy Altec-Lansing IM716s for ~$100 online.

edit: the bose triport IE's are supposed to be pretty OK, but are weak on isolation. I would suggest other cans over them.
 
save for a few weeks and step up the the E4c.

They can be had for about $165 online. Worth every penny to me.
 
E4cs are great, but IM716s are allegedly based on the E4 tech, and most consider them comparable if not better than the E4s for ~$60 less.
 
Back
Top