• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Show your sleeving!

I can answer just about any questions you have. Feel free to send me a PM
 
only pics i have right now, in a hotel while moving so can't take any new ones.

IMAG0081.jpg


here is my original build before i decided to change the theme to black and white.

DSCF0056800x600.jpg
 
Nice job Modder. This thread makes me regret the HAF 922M I have... no grommets to hide wires. Thinking of making a faux backplate to cover the gap between the mobo plate and HDD trays. Will definitely remember you if I decide to go all out with my current build.
 
Shrinking made sense when wires were multiple colors in a case. Nowadays, you can get everything with black wires and shrinking does nothing but make the wires 2-3 time thicker adding to their bulkiness.
 
I hope my sleeving comes out as nice as the work posted here. I'm going to practice on my current rig before I move onto other computers and mods that I'll probably end up selling.
 
@DraginDime those first pics are amazing... where did you get your materials!? I wanna do my wiring like that...
 
@DraginDime those first pics are amazing... where did you get your materials!? I wanna do my wiring like that...

MDPC-X
They have a lot of awesome colors to choose from. Just hard to catch them open sometimes. Shipping is pretty quick for being international.
 
how long would you say you fellas took at really paying attention to the detail of your case wiring.... its so perfect!! i love it
 
I use all modular power supplies so every time I change cases I use an inseam tape measure that tailors use to simulate the path my wires go and take accurate measurements. I then make my cables custom length before sleeving and routing them. I don't use extensions. I make them for people that don't want to do it themselves or void their warranty or are just too dam lazy :)

Here are the final pics of the extensions I just finished.

DSCN9711_zps364da90e.jpg



DSCN9709_zps5a90ed6b.jpg


DSCN9708_zps386a7bd7.jpg


DSCN9706_zps9ec71bf5.jpg


DSCN9704_zps895aedd2.jpg
 
only pics i have right now, in a hotel while moving so can't take any new ones.

IMAG0081.jpg


here is my original build before i decided to change the theme to black and white.

DSCF0056800x600.jpg

OMG OCD lol That case makes me drool.. My wifes gonna be busy this week sleeving my PC lol

PS Anyone want to sell me two premade sets for two of my riggs? PM me price .

Keep them sleeves coming!!
 
Last edited:
Playing with some Paracord.






Now the fun can begin with a job using it for a customer. :)
 
How are you guys mounting SSD's there? I have a 600T which is quite similar to this case but there aren't any holes already there to properly mount it. I'm assuming you guys drilled holes for that spot?
 
Very nice, It's always nice to see different designs and colors. Helps me decide what my final design might look like when its done!
 
Lutro0, welcome to [H]
Very nice sleeving and colors you have there. I'll be giving your sleeving a whirl in my next build (hopefully soon). From the pictures it looks pretty top notch. Thanks for the pics.
 
For those who would like to see some various kinds of sleeving and colors, I had some samples and bulk laying around I figured I would take some pics of. The Black Paracord from Lutro0 Customs is what is going into Frank N SteinPC 2013 upgrade.

I will be moving from my previous sleeving preference and using his coreless paracord in Imperial Red, Charcoal, and Black. From what I can tell paracord is a love/hate thing, some love it and some hate it. I am totally in love with this coreless paracord from Lutro0 Customs and cannot wait to get down to the details of my overly OCD issues when it comes to detailing out this rig. This coreless paracord is nothing like regular paracord, no core (thus the name) and omg, it’s so soft and slides right on to a cable using his paracord sleeving tool, it makes it a breeze. I have found my next sleeving love, look for it in Frank N Stein PC 2013.

Though Lutro0 posted some really cool shots on the previous page, here are some I took inside the current Frank N SteinPC build going on over here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1732237&page=15 These images will have to do until I get done sleeving Frank – then expect the sleeving shots to be updated here…………

20130503001.png


20130503002.png


20130503003.png


20130503004.png


20130503005.png


20130503006.png


20130503007.png


20130503008.png


20130503009.png


20130503010.png


20130503011.png


20130503012.png


20130503013.png


20130503014.png


20130503015.png


20130503016.png


20130503017.png


20130502006.png


20130502002.png
 
Here's my current sleeve using MDPC-X. Thinking about picking up an AX1200 and get started sleeving for the next build, whenever that may be. I apologize fir the crap quality, they were taken with my cell phone.

IMAG0335.jpg


IMAG0336.jpg


IMAG0344.jpg


IMAG0342.jpg



I've been thinking about doing purple in my next system, these pics are just solidifying that. :D
 
Here's my current sleeve using MDPC-X. Thinking about picking up an AX1200 and get started sleeving for the next build, whenever that may be. I apologize fir the crap quality, they were taken with my cell phone.

IMAG0335.jpg


IMAG0336.jpg


IMAG0344.jpg


IMAG0342.jpg




I've been thinking about doing purple in my next system, these pics are just solidifying that. :D


Great work. What would you guys say to pre crimped sets of wire at given lengths, say 12", 18", 24", and say 30 or 36" for DIY extensions?
 
Great work. What would you guys say to pre crimped sets of wire at given lengths, say 12", 18", 24", and say 30 or 36" for DIY extensions?

Thanks!

As for me, I know I wouldn't be interested since I don't do extensions, but I know a lot of people that would. I think it's a great idea since you would be able to chose your own color scheme. Something you can't do with current extensions.
 
Thanks!

As for me, I know I wouldn't be interested since I don't do extensions, but I know a lot of people that would. I think it's a great idea since you would be able to chose your own color scheme. Something you can't do with current extensions.

Got to agree - I know many out there like the extensions because they can get that sleeved look in the MB area without actually doing any sleeving, so for them it works. For Frank N Stein though, its all custom end to end cables and sleeving end to end - there is really no substitution for attention to detail and personal pride when the job is done. Just my .02 ................
 
No no I'm with you! I make all my own custom cables for my builds...speaking of...it's been too long. I'm soon to be doing my X-750 with custom length 16 awg cables and some LC Stiff Line.

But for those who want to get the look without the hassle, I feel it may be a good way to introduce people to sleeving without a huge investment in tools and what not.
 
I love the look of the sewn or tied single sleeved cables. Just awesome! I watched the videos mentioned earlier and I'm going to give it a shot.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any plastic clips that would hold sleeved cables together similar to the sewn look. What I'm imagining is a little plastic strip with two rows of snap in clips. Each clip would fit an individual sleeved wire. Each side of the strip would have a row. So the strip would be largely hidden. The clips themselves would be slightly more than a half circle to allow the wire to be pushed in yet hold it securely (somewhat). You would end up with near the neatness of a sewn sleeved cable without the work. It might also be helpful to keep things organized while sewing.
 
I love the look of the sewn or tied single sleeved cables. Just awesome! I watched the videos mentioned earlier and I'm going to give it a shot.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any plastic clips that would hold sleeved cables together similar to the sewn look. What I'm imagining is a little plastic strip with two rows of snap in clips. Each clip would fit an individual sleeved wire. Each side of the strip would have a row. So the strip would be largely hidden. The clips themselves would be slightly more than a half circle to allow the wire to be pushed in yet hold it securely (somewhat). You would end up with near the neatness of a sewn sleeved cable without the work. It might also be helpful to keep things organized while sewing.

I make them.
 
Back
Top