Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Cleaned up my desk, changed one of the stereo Amps on my desk... so this is my setup now.
1687713018523.png

View attachment 494062

I'm thinking about going back to 16:9 aspect ratio with the new LG C2. As much as I enjoy 38 inch ultrawide, I think I miss the extra vertical space.
Granted you posted this over a year ago... I went from a 34" UW to a 42" LG C2 and am VERY happy with the full 4k 16:9 fills my field of vision real estate effect. If it weren't for physical desk space constraints for my speakers and other audio gear I might have gone 48 even.. but that doesn't feel like it would be great for windowsing. Nice clean setup too1

Granted you posted this over a year ago... I went from a 34" UW to a 42" LG C2 and am VERY happy with the full 4k 16:9 fills my field of vision real estate effect. If it weren't for physical desk space constraints for my speakers and other audio gear I might have gone 48 even.. but that doesn't feel like it would be great for windowsing. Nice clean setup too1
I agree with you bro I've had a 50 for maybe going on five or more years now? And it is fulfilling I don't think I could ever be satisfied with anything smaller now that I've been spoiled with this larger size. The cinematic experience is just wonderful also I lean back in my chair on a big desk with a keyboard and mouse it's absolutely perfect. Interestingly enough the 55 feels over the edge too big and the 42 feels small after getting used to the 50, a 48 like you said would have been perfect but Samsung didn't make a 48 so the 50 was the closest size to what satisfies me LOL

I agree with you bro I've had a 50 for maybe going on five or more years now? And it is fulfilling I don't think I could ever be satisfied with anything smaller now that I've been spoiled with this larger size. The cinematic experience is just wonderful also I lean back in my chair on a big desk with a keyboard and mouse it's absolutely perfect. Interestingly enough the 55 feels over the edge too big and the 42 feels small after getting used to the 50, a 48 like you said would have been perfect but Samsung didn't make a 48 so the 50 was the closest size to what satisfies me LOL
yeah.. I am looking at a pretty significant setup re-arrangement to fit the 48 but that's my upgrade path for sure.. I am only a couple of months into this 42 ... by spring next year it'll be time for a 48 I think lol!

yeah.. I am looking at a pretty significant setup re-arrangement to fit the 48 but that's my upgrade path for sure.. I am only a couple of months into this 42 ... by spring next year it'll be time for a 48 I think lol!

I went from a 48" CX to a 42" C2 only because I had to turn my head side to side to see the screen during game play. I sit a ways back from my screen as well (over three feet). Just something to consider.

I wanted to post my experience with the

asrock 13.3 inch sidel panel lcd montior

If i read correctly many here do tinker.

So as a warning for those who do:
The panel with its eDP (low voltage) connector is very fun to play around with even outside its orignal ... usecase:ROFLMAO:!

But the image retention at its rather low max brightness of 300 is brutal !
After 5 minutes i closed my static cpu-z window and it stayed there for over 10 seconds as an afterglow-ghost-picture in front of my black windows background.

So runnning it at full luminance all the time is very ill advised!

For my usecase though it stil was worth it:
20231204_194018-1.jpg

why?
Just to kick that stupid idea out of my head!
It lived there for too long without paying for rent 😅

Yes, my condo is a mess. Just got my new Arc 2 hooked up and working (setup was painful - literally).
Monitors.jpg

Now to get them all level with each other - thinking making a base with 2x4's or something I can find at Home Depot.

Got the first G9 last year on Cyber Monday, and vowed i would get another. Well, cyber monday came again, and it happened. Now trying a few arms before having to drop $$$ for the Ergatron. I was actually overwhelmed fir the first few hours with all the real estate. It will go to good use more for work than anything else. Going to use the PiP feature on both monitors to run my work laptop along side my desktop on the same monitors. Should look sick, and increase my productivity.

20231212_221209.jpg

Got the first G9 last year on Cyber Monday, and vowed i would get another. Well, cyber monday came again, and it happened. Now trying a few arms before having to drop $$$ for the Ergatron. I was actually overwhelmed fir the first few hours with all the real estate. It will go to good use more for work than anything else. Going to use the PiP feature on both monitors to run my work laptop along side my desktop on the same monitors. Should look sick, and increase my productivity.

View attachment 619970
That's amazing.

I was messing around with HDR mode on RDR2 last night and loved it.

What settings are you using for SDR and HDR?

Last edited:

View attachment 619970

Man I would love to play a space sim on something that size…

What are these amps?
Shiit Sys, Zen DAC v2, Grace Design x Drop SDAC-Balanced, SMSL SP200 (THX-888) and DarkVoice 336SE (don’t remember the tubes I bought). Headphones Sennheiser HD-650 (ZMF Suede Peforated), Modhouse Argon MK3 (ZMF Protein), Monoprice M1060v2 (Audeze Vegan Suede) and all using Hart Audio modular cables. Speakers are JBL Professional Monitor SLR305.

Not much of a setup but here is my G7. Waiting for my ASUS PG32UCDM. I like things clean and minimalistic.

Attachments

• IMG_6209.jpeg
    IMG_6209.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 0
Back