Show us what you've got.....[H]ard 3DMark team

cornelious0_0

[H]F Junkie
I just realised (after browsing a number of other forums) that we're lacking any kind of organized team for the ORB.

What I am proposing here is that in the "Name" field, everyone enter: USERNAME **Team [H]ard|OCP** (USERNAME being your username here on the forums). This can/will apply to PCMark 2002/04 as well, lets make ourselves known. :cool:

Here's a little example for ya.....I'll get her started: http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7345493

[insert sticky here]

i'm all for it! --granted, i won't be able to put any sort of 'good image' up for the [H] :) .

Originally posted by Nihilanth99
i'm all for it! --granted, i won't be able to put any sort of 'good image' up for the [H] :) .

That's not what this is about. You don't have to have an elite system to sign up here and make yourself known.....the more recognition the better. There are no requirements in terms of score or hardware, just join up. :cool:

EDIT: Oh, and be sure to post here and let us know when/if you get onboard so we can keep a running tally. ;)

alrite, fellows!

its 7ºF outside tonite so im gonna drag the box out there in a plastic tarp and run some numbers for you lot!

i am so doing this.

corse im gonna post it too.
i've been meaning to do it for a while now.

good idea, cornelious.

Party pooper :p

O well, I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I'll just ask politely for people please not to "crap" in the thread if you don't want to be a part of it, that's all.

good idea, cornelious.

Thx, now I just have to wait a day or two before I can even get some recent scores up. :rolleyes: Goin' for 21k+. ;)

[H] used to have the kick ass guys like Oppainter (but I think he gave credit to a different forum for his 3dmark01 stuff)

Originally posted by neoreturns
[H] used to have the kick ass guys like Oppainter (but I think he gave credit to a different forum for his 3dmark01 stuff)

Yeah, most of the uber scores are xtremesystems.org they own the ORB... they even had to change the system so it could handle oppainter's score when he broke 30k in 3dmark2k1

Originally posted by blackspawn
heres my benchmark that i ran in longhorn...

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=7425208

odd thing is, with longhorn right now you cant install new vid drivers (well not ati at least), but with the generic MS 9700 series driver, i scored higher than with official catalyst 3.10 in win xp...odd odd odd

Yes you can, the old fashion way. Just clicking the .exe wont work. Worked for me when I did it several months ago with a 9700.

I've heard that 3.4 cats and win2k gives best scores, don't know validity of that, though

Make sure when your doing 2001, you revert back to DirectX 8.1, it'll boost your score by a nice bit.

Just got back from work.....nice to see the sticky up.....thx guys for all your support. Lets keep this thing going. :D

Hopefully I'll have updates in the next day or two on my new P4 and a new OC/score so I can finally delete that stupid 19.5k run. ;) :p

Originally posted by neoreturns

ummmm, OPP was never at [H]. JCViggen was, and he got banned :rolleyes:

I installed directx 8.1 to see if my scores would be higher on 3dmark 01 and I actually got higher scores with directx 9 in 3dmark 01.

I don't know why people try and "cheat" like that then, it seems like such a waste of time. You don't use your computer and game with DX8.1 installed so why the hell would you benchmark like that???

As far as I know, Opp is still over at XtremeSystems.org still crankin' out the top 3dmark2001 score with is crazy A64 FX-51. :rolleyes: :p

31,353..........gimmie a break. :rolleyes: I remember when I was finally hitting 10k, the record was like 20 or 21. I guess I'm doomed to always stay 10,000 points behind. :(

I thought I was doing good with my 3dmark scores until I saw the database... :( what the hell are these guys doing to get such great scores? I've got mine overclocked as far as it will go and I still can't compete with 31k..damn. Oh well, I use mine everyday for other stuff other than benchmarking and it seems work just fine for me. Maybe one day I'll go liquid cooling and see how far I can really push it.

they are using dual rigged modded custom made cascade coolers that get the thing to -90C, modding prometia mach2's to make them COLDER, and have benching labs at their homes:D Anyway, this is a good idea, I would have joined it if it was proposed earlier, but my loyalties now lie with Xtremesystems.org in the benching area. Good Luck guys! Hope to see some of you up there soon (as well as myself lol).

Hey guys, I was wondering if you can help me out
i have a 2.6c ovc to 3.600 @ 1100fsb with a memory ratio of 5/4
IS7 abit mobo
with a radeon 9800 pro oc to 435/750
raptor sata hd 10,000 rpm
512 megs of pc 3500 micron
any ways I only get 17200 3dmarks, this is ona fresh install of xp
newest catalyst drivers and dx 9.0b
whats up with score?!
I even tweak out my windows settings and take off lots of the start up programs and services.. please help bro your score is awesome! i want to represent! HELP PLEASE,

I would be willing to bet that it's your memory timings. You should be getting 21-22k with that setup easy. Go into the bios and set your memory timings to 2-2-2-5 and see if they are stable. IF not, slacken them gradually. Also, run the tests individually in the order of drag low, lobby low, loby high, drag high, car low, car high, and nature. Another tip is once you have 3dmark running, hit ctrl+alt+delete and right click on 3dmark's thread and go to set priority and choose realtime. Also close down explorer.exe while you are there. That should be good for another 1000-1500 points. These tweaks got me from 18027 maxed out with artifacts to 19735 with none. Another thing to do is ensure that you have your motherboard drivers installed properly and that your hard drive is defragged. I actully have a tips guide that would be great for newbies that I coule dig up, it may be a little out of date, but I'll post it anyway.

Well I'm so stupid I looked in the dxdiag (directx diagnostics) and found out that i didnt have agp enabled.. .duh.......I had to install the chipset drivers for my motherborad in xp.
well now that that is said, i have a score of 20182, stills seems a little low but i still have some tweaks to fix.. ill keep you guys posted

p4 2.6c @ 3576mhz
radeon 9800 pro @ 435/750

http://service.futuremark.com/servl...rojectdetails&projectType=6&projectId=7429407

Originally posted by computerpro3
they are using dual rigged modded custom made cascade coolers that get the thing to -90C, modding prometia mach2's to make them COLDER, and have benching labs at their homes:D Anyway, this is a good idea, I would have joined it if it was proposed earlier, but my loyalties now lie with Xtremesystems.org in the benching area. Good Luck guys! Hope to see some of you up there soon (as well as myself lol).
I just wonder where they get all thier money from? I'm sure I can get to 25,000+ if I had $4000 to spend on a computer.

I hve yet to run the old one.

6888 on 03 with a 2.4 & 9800Pro. Not to shabby. ;)

Originally posted by M3at
I thought I was doing good with my 3dmark scores until I saw the database... :( what the hell are these guys doing to get such great scores? I've got mine overclocked as far as it will go and I still can't compete with 31k..damn. Oh well, I use mine everyday for other stuff other than benchmarking and it seems work just fine for me. Maybe one day I'll go liquid cooling and see how far I can really push it.

They probably have Promy Mach II systems on seperate loops for the video card and cpu :eek:

And the highest score is set with an FX-51? Wow I figured a higher clocked P4 would beat it out in 3dmark at least, I always thought that benchmark favored Intel procs.

Awsome, I've finally got my new comp up and running and it's kicken ass. :) I absolutely love this black Scorpio case, so nice.

I'll have some new scores up for you guys in a bit. ;)

EDIT: Alright, got some new ones up for ya.....unable to clear 250FSB.....stupid CH-5 ram. :mad:

3dmark2001
3dmark03

Back