Show off your OSX desktop

screenshot20101214at647.jpg

I use USB video adapters for 2 of my displays and screencap doesn't capture those... :(

What is the icon set you used for your icons? =)

here you go :]

http://iconfactory.com/freeware/preview/lit0

It should be Lithos System, if you click the "search for similar" it should show you the other extras or Volumes 1-8. (which includes all the app icons)

Edit: btw i like your desktop icons. I had originally wanted something similar to yours (the color changed only etc.) but I fell in love with the Lithos icons lol. Also, I am still trying to figure out how to use geektools etc. for the time on my desktop, I tried before and failed.

here you go :]

http://iconfactory.com/freeware/preview/lit0

It should be Lithos System, if you click the "search for similar" it should show you the other extras or Volumes 1-8. (which includes all the app icons)

Edit: btw i like your desktop icons. I had originally wanted something similar to yours (the color changed only etc.) but I fell in love with the Lithos icons lol. Also, I am still trying to figure out how to use geektools etc. for the time on my desktop, I tried before and failed.

Hey thanks! :D Yeah I'm not a geektool genius myself, still figuring it out. So for now I found some widgets that don't stay above all windows like the Dashboard ones do when dragged onto the desktop in developer mode. Yahoo! Widgets. Google it and they have a bunch of cool stuff. =)

Also, I redid some of my icons. Here is a quick update of mine. Downloading your icon set right now though, so we shall see... :p

screenshot20110202at113.jpg

screenshot20110202at113.jpg

Funny to see, that no one has tried using the command line to install spaces on their launch bar yet.

Screen%20shot%202011-02-11%20at%203.24.20%20PM.png

my 13" MBP. It may be small, but I am in love with this machine.

Funny to see, that no one has tried using the command line to install spaces on their launch bar yet.

Screen%20shot%202011-02-11%20at%203.24.20%20PM.png

Interesting. I'm so OCD so now I'm going to have to rethink my grouping and reorganize the dock around that concept.

I cant figure out how to delete a post. LoL. This is me deleting. =)

Last edited:
how do you change the "dock" like that?

System Preferences -> Dock -> Position on Screen, or two finger tap/right click on an empty space in the Dock -> Position on Screen.

The Dock will automatically revert to the classic 2D appearance when moved to the left or right sides of the screen. You can also get the 2D appearance without moving the Dock with a Terminal command. To change it back, just paste the same line, but change -boolean YES to -boolean NO.

Someone’s bragging about access to the developer build of Lion…

Loving the lion. Is it more resource efficient than 10.6?

Last edited:
also violating the NDA : /

What I was gonna say. : \

Interesting though, looks like they've changed the buttons a little. Screen cap from his 10.7 install:

mqUDM.png

Compared to my 10.6 install:

obCc0.png

Notice the "Software Update" and "More info" buttons. Slight difference, but a UI change nonetheless.

Back