Should the Logitech G700 mouse come with a charging cradle?

Should the Logitech G700 mouse have a charging cradle?

• Yes - that charging cable is 10 cent solution to a $100 dollar problem

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • No - I like extra wires hanging around all over the place

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters

mobbmann

n00b
I personaly think this is a perfect mouse for one major glaring deficiency... where the hell is the charging cradle? If it had one I would never need to plug in that tacky cable it comes with. if I played a game all day when done I would simply put it on the charger and voila, the next day I come back to check my email with a fully charged mouse. this seems like such an obvious oversight to such a fantastic mouse. I'd even be willing to buy a charging cradle seperately. Does anyone else think a cradle should have been included?

I'll abstain cuz I don't care. I like cradles, some are better than others though. But is it one less thing sitting on my desk, sure. And the cord for the G700 is easy to plug in, so it's not a hassle to me. Now had it been just like the Performance MX plug, then I'd definitely want a cradle because I found that plug annoying.

One cable on the desk is tolerable, but it is yet another flavor of USB connector. So I have a different USB cable for camera, phone, and now mouse. You can't have a computer these days without building a rat's nest in the process.

So yes, a charging cradle would have been preferable over yet another USB cord, since I could hide the cable a neaten up my desk a bit.

Cradles are overrated, you still have "extra wires hanging around all over the place" plus have to deal with its bulk and finding more deskspace for yet another gadget. The G700 can be used as a wired mouse with its cables, and on top of it I can use that same cable to charge my Kindle and phone. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Cradles are overrated, you still have "extra wires hanging around all over the place" plus have to deal with its bulk and finding more deskspace for yet another gadget. The G700 can be used as a wired mouse with its cables, and on top of it I can use that same cable to charge my Kindle and phone. It's a win-win as far as I am concerned.
Agreed. I'm on the same boat.

I have one of the old logitech mice with large charging cradle. Believe me, I do not miss it at all.

not sure where you get this extra wires thingy. the original charging cradle had a wire to a dc power supply and another wire to the computer usb port.

Recently bought a G700 to replace my MX1000, after 7 years or so of use..battery and mouse still work great...but that cradle...have to fight for about 5 minutes every time I go to charge it to get it to actually charge... So after that, I prefer the solid cable connection.

First, your 'poll' is EXTREMELY biased.

Second, What if you forget to put the mouse on the cradle or you have a multi-hour gaming session and the batteries die? Are you going to put it in the cradle for an hour and go back to gaming? I would rather use 'extra wires hanging around all over the place' to plug into the device and use it as a wired mouse like the G930 headset I have. That has saved me on numerous occasions since I got it a couple weeks ago.

does this mouse really causes your hands to sweat or that the mouse becomes oily from hands? I read that somewhere and i was like no way Logitech mice never suffer from that except for that G5 one i think. This mouse looks exactly like the performance mx, does it have the same feel & texture though? it looks cool but i dont want a mouse to have that sweaty business like with PS3 controllers and what not.

I'm surprised by the amount of people voting for the cradle. Like fight556, I owned a Logitech mouse with a cradle and after a while it was hard to get it seated "just right" so that it would charge. I'm a charging cable kind of guy now, but I guess it comes down to personal preference. The cable doesn't bother me (I've been using wired mice for many years) and it's not like it stays attached the majority of the time. Quite the opposite, actually.

Back