• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should the Command Line Be Deep-Sixed?

I guarantee the blogger just found out there was a command line in these OS's, figures that since he'd never used one, nobody needed to.
 
With regards to "pseudo command line" interfaces like the search box that appears above the start button when clicked in Windows 7, I like it alot. It's faster for me to type "word" in that box for Microsoft Word than clicking Programs, Microsoft Office, and then Microsoft Word.

Honestly though, unless you're from the DOS/Unix generation, command line interfaces would probably scare off the casual user. Yes, you can thank Hollywood for making the command line interface the "method of choice" for the Hollywood Hacker.
 
With regards to "pseudo command line" interfaces like the search box that appears above the start button when clicked in Windows 7, I like it alot. It's faster for me to type "word" in that box for Microsoft Word than clicking Programs, Microsoft Office, and then Microsoft Word.
I have set things up so that I rarely have to switch between mouse and keyboard. I use the start menu maybe once every two days at most, for everything else I have set up keyboard shortcuts.

Honestly though, unless you're from the DOS/Unix generation, command line interfaces would probably scare off the casual user. Yes, you can thank Hollywood for making the command line interface the "method of choice" for the Hollywood Hacker.

And thus the geeks will rule the earth :D
 
Seriously, dumbest thing I've ever heard of and it will never happen (unless its a windows box and that wouldn't surprise me).
 
I guarantee the blogger just found out there was a command line in these OS's, figures that since he'd never used one, nobody needed to.
if you read the article, the point is to redirect development toward prioritizing the GUI over CLI.
 
Back
Top