• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

should i upgrade?

jimgeagea

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 4, 2005
Messages
176
i have x850xt, i've seen the amazing benchmarks of the BFG 7800 GTX...
i was wondering do i go for the 7800GTX? is it worth it?
and what about the shimmering i am reading about?
should i buy the BFG 7800 GT or the 7800 GTX?
is the 100$ worth it?
 
If I were you, I'd wait a little.

7800GTX are already dropping in price, the same should go for the GT.

Besides, nvidia should fix the shimmering problem soon (hopefully) so you can get the IQ you pay for.
 
Stoly said:
If I were you, I'd wait a little.

7800GTX are already dropping in price, the same should go for the GT.

Besides, nvidia should fix the shimmering problem soon (hopefully) so you can get the IQ you pay for.

You have a kick ass card now going to a 7800gt or gtx isn't going to be that big of improvement especially a $100 improvement.You have a top of the line card in ATI I wouldn't think you would need to jump to a 7800 any time soon.
 
Crossfire might solve your problems if you're not getting the results you want out of your card. I wouldn't be too hasty to discard the best gpu ATi makes.
 
Back
Top