Arkanian

[H]ard|Gawd
So here are my current specs:
Core i7 920 @2.4
12 Gigs DDR 3
3x30GB OCZ SSD RAID 0
2x4890 ATI CrossFire
850 Watt PS

I am only running 1920x1200 on my monitor.

Anyways with BF3 coming out do you think I should upgrade the 4890s or is something better coming out here in 3 months? Been awhile since I checked up on the latest gear that is out there.

Maybe BF3 will play fine with my current setup. Maybe I am just trying to find excuses to build a new PC lol. I actually built this current PC 2.5 years ago and it is still amazing except that maybe the video cards are a few gen back now.

If you have the pre-order already, the only difference a matter of 24-hours is going to make is that you'll a) stick with what you have since you found a happy medium on settings 2) want to upgrade your video card setup or 3) wait it out on low settings and than build another rig.

In your case, I would seriously buy a better cooler for that CPU (corsair comes to mind) & overclock the damn thing to at least 3.6GHz & grab a video card that is nothing short of 6950 2GB / 560ti 2GB & call it a day. We're both running the same setup resolution as far as monitors go and I have both a 570 & 6950 2GB. Good Luck

lol...sorry it is 2.66. tired from working all day and can't think right. I had it OC'd to 3.4 for the longest time but I put it back to stock because I really didn't need the extra Ghz. I mean I only play CS:S and BF2 these days so it really doesn't need any horsepower.

lol...sorry it is 2.66. tired from working all day and can't think right. I had it OC'd to 3.4 for the longest time but I put it back to stock because I really didn't need the extra Ghz. I mean I only play CS:S and BF2 these days so it really doesn't need any horsepower.

You did only play those titles, but not anymore. You're about to play BF3 so bring it back up to 3.4GHz and test your setup tomorrow, go from there.

Upgrade your graphics cards and overclock your cpu much more. Shoot for 3.6-3.8Ghz. Get a better cooler if possible. I'd recommend 6950s in crossfire. You should see a pretty good boost in performance and at least have some resale value when the 7000 series comes out within 4 months.

Thanks. I think I will get me 2 of the 6950s and call it a day. I probably will just OCd the processor back to 3.2-3.4 range. The CoolerMaster V8 keeps it very cool as is. When I was Ocd to 3.4 to begin with I would normally run around 30-35c.

bf3 shows no major improvement when you oc the cpu.

as long as you have a quad core you should be fine, but i do think that you should oc the cpu regardless, around 3.2ghz.

Another question, so the 6950s have been out for a year now?? That seems a long time. I would think we would see the 7000 series this holiday season but I guess not.

Another question, so the 6950s have been out for a year now?? That seems a long time. I would think we would see the 7000 series this holiday season but I guess not.

TSMC Begun to Manufacture 28nm Chips for AMD, and Nvidia today, so something might be coming out soon, but in small amounts.

it took me a week to order fermi when it came out, i remember that week, refreshing the page every damn second for hours. So expect the same with 7000/600 series.

Back