• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I Upgrade to Tygon?

fore1337

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
1,416
I've had this setup running for a while now (see pic below)... I would like to swap out the lines for something with a smaller bend radius.

I'm using Primoflex and Clearflex60 for the shown connections.

I hear that Tygon is Da' b0mb!

The bends in my tubes cause a bit of necking going from the GPU to NB. I'm also thinking about doing away with the Maze-4 NB block all together, and using the standard Abit IC7-NB cooler.

I've lurked in several discussions about various grades of Tygon. Some are easy to find, others are rare, but better?

What opinions do the Tygon users have?
What type of Tygon should I use?
Is it better to air cool my NB or put in in series with my GPU?

3_blocks_UV-vi.jpg


another view of circuit
upper_UV-vi.jpg
 
It wont be any better than what you have to get 1/2" tygon. If you want something nice though, go for 7/16" clearflex. You will be amazed on what a difference it makes to have a thinner diameter when it comes to bends and security on the barbs.
 
having used clearflex,then tygon,and now primoflex.i prefer the primoflex.it can turn slightly tighter bends,than tygon.turns that clearflex in no way can do without kinking
and green uv primo looks very nice
 
I figured that I could also shorten up that patch between the GPU block and NB block. I've got no idea what the wall thickness is on my Clearflex60.
 
rj2 said:
having used clearflex,then tygon,and now primoflex.i prefer the primoflex.it can turn slightly tighter bends,than tygon.turns that clearflex in no way can do without kinking
and green uv primo looks very nice

I haven't been impressed with primoflex. It's easy to pinch the line and restrict flow. Then if you add any dyes to the liquid it leaches into the primoflex and requires a pipecleaner to get rid of the residue. I've got some pics of a green cruddy primoflex curcuit. It did clean up nicely, but required hand scrubbing.

The clearflex-60 cleaned up just by running IPA through the circuit for a few hours.

check out the dirty primoflex tubes. eek! (there's no liquid in those tubes)
chpblk1-vi.jpg
 
fore1337 said:
I haven't been impressed with primoflex. It's easy to pinch the line and restrict flow. Then if you add any dyes to the liquid it leaches into the primoflex and requires a pipecleaner to get rid of the residue. I've got some pics of a green cruddy primoflex curcuit. It did clean up nicely, but required hand scrubbing.

The clearflex-60 cleaned up just by running IPA through the circuit for a few hours.

check out the dirty primoflex tubes. eek! (there's no liquid in those tubes)
chpblk1-vi.jpg


Nasty! :eek:
 
in regards to the cleaning of primoflex,i have`nt done it yet.i had the same problem with the tygon.i just used a hanger and cloth tho.
 
rj2 said:
in regards to the cleaning of primoflex,i have`nt done it yet.i had the same problem with the tygon.i just used a hanger and cloth tho.

Clearflex requires no scrubbung :) just run some 70% IPA through your circuit for a few hours... then you don't have to do any messy re-plumbing.

I've been eyeing the Tygon micro-bio tubes used by the food service industry.
 
Masterkleer is pretty good too. It can be found in 7/16" size at mcmaster (and probably usplastics too)
 
the clearest stuff i've used was cheap vinyl tubing from home depot

i've also used clearflex and tygon, and i use tygon now because i like the feel of the 3603 formula and it's clear enough. it's a little spendy but it's easier to work with than the vinyl tubing.

i should probably note that whenever i re-do my plumbing i never use the same tubing again, always get new because it just feels better. plus a few bucks once a year is peanuts. i crap more than that from value meals at mc d's so i can sacrifice a couple of value meals for new tubing.
 
Back
Top