should i trust this mobo?

twogunpete

n00b
Ok ! Heres the deal. i am building a new pc and I am at crossroads about sli vs. crossfire. I have had isues with every Ati graphics card I have owned , thus makes me want to stay with Nvidia. I would like to have the option to add another graphics card in the future , but the reviews i read point toward the intel chipset mobo's , except for the Asus 780i chipsets. I found this one on Newegg that is in my price range , but it is an open box item. Should i trust it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131255R

Ok ! Heres the deal. i am building a new pc and I am at crossroads about sli vs. crossfire. I have had isues with every Ati graphics card I have owned , thus makes me want to stay with Nvidia. I would like to have the option to add another graphics card in the future , but the reviews i read point toward the intel chipset mobo's , except for the Asus 780i chipsets. I found this one on Newegg that is in my price range , but it is an open box item. Should i trust it?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131255R

Twogunpete,

You take a chance with the open box purchase. I have had friends that have gotten most of the goodies with them and some that have just gotten the board. With a board you are going to lay out over $200.00 for I would not want to be missing all the gadgets, etc. that come with the board. A case in point would be my most current build with the Rampage Extreme, if you are not going to water cool it, then you have to have the mosfet and north bridge change out stacks to keep it in a reasonable temp range.
Also Two of my friends have the Striker II board and it is sitting on a shelf now, they had wicked mad problems with the 780i and their memory when they tried to over clock. If your not going to do that, then perhaps this is an OK board for you.
If you would like any help with your system build let me know, happy to help you out.

Take a look around the FS forums. I saw a couple of people selling their 780i. But you shouldn't get open box if you don't already have everything prepared (the accessories).
$210 is not worth for a open box imo.

Ok! Thanks for the input! I dont already have all the goodies, so i guess I will stick with the EVGA 780i I had originally planned on.

Back