Should I Switch?

4LC4PON3

DERP!
I am debating if its worth switching or not to this CPU + Mobo

I currently have a i5-2400 + Asrock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen3 & I want to switch to a this

Asrock Z77 Extreme3 with a 3570K.

Would I see any real majors in gaming?

Last edited:
Just about everything honestly. I own about 300 game right now & I play alot of different genres. This was the Plan

Sell current CPU + MOBO for $200

Buy 3570K +Asrock Z77 for: $350.00

Use the $150.00 that is left over to buy a Mech Keyboard but I am wondering if there will be much of a difference over my current setup to make me spend the $350 or not

These are the kinds of games that would benefit from a CPU upgrade:

BF3 64-player
RTS games where massive amounts of units are involved (Starcraft 2 with 3+ players at 200 units, massive Sins of a Solar Empire maps, etc)
RTS turn-based games where lots of calculations are necessary (Red Orchestra 2)

I dont play any of those at all. I do play BF3 but only 32s not any 64s so it looks like it may not be a viable upgrade

Are you having any performance issues in your games currently? If not, wait for Haswell. Especially if upgrading now means a new CPU and Board

no issues at all. I just had $300.00 to spare and I got an upgrade itch so I guess I just wanted to blow $300.00 somewhere that that seemed like it would be a good upgrade.

Save it, add to it and scratch the bigger itch that's sure to come later.

If you decide to "sidegrade" let me know how much you'd like for the 2400 :p

i was planning on upgrading from 2500k Z68 board and 6950 and as well, but still wondering if i should or not.

i was planning on upgrading from 2500k Z68 board and 6950 and as well, but still wondering if i should or not.

I have a 2500k and a 3770k, and no, you shouldn't upgrade. At least not the CPU/platform. A GPU upgrade could be beneficial depending on your games and resolution.

Back