Should I sell my cards? When?

quiktake

Gawd
I have a combination of a 1080ti, a 1070, a 1060, a 1050, two 570 4gb, and 2 580 8gb. Currently, I make about $30 to $40 a day after electricity.

Checking Ebay it seems like most of these cards are priced at about 100 to 110 day ROI. Since I plan to sell anyway (at least the AMD cards) before Spring warms up I am wondering if it is better to sell now and take advantage of the high prices. I'll probably wait two more months and re-access. I also seem to have more trouble lately on Ebay with scammers than in recent years and might try to sell locally off Craigslist.

What are your exit strategies for mining? I know some say mine until electricity is too high, but with video cards prices so high I think the metrics may have changed a bit on that reasoning.

my exit strategie us a night out and oral until my mouth just cant anymore

really.. it costs to much to just quit all together. I would recommend you never do that. that unless everything single coin crashes to sub $10.00, I will sell as the cards phase out (more $ to run mining than income) - typically 2ish years after street date.

if your like many and made bank on the cards (ROI and than some) and can sell the cards at 80% + initial cost than now is the time to sell. I say that for your going to sell anyway.

why is now the time to sell? very little stock of NEW as apparently new line of cards are coming out.

if this isn't a religion to you then yes absolutely nows a great time to sell. You no longer have to worry about ROI and you should be pocketing a chunk of extra cash. With that extra cash you should just buy the coins yourself. I'm considering trying to sell some of these cards for more than they're worth.

No exit strategy because this mining thing ain't going away.

Just grabbed 4 more 1070 Ti's and 1 1070 within the last hour, all relatively close to MSRP.

Orddie Newegg. They are in and out of stock this very moment. You have good chances.

Reactions: Parja
like this
dont sell unless you can buy somthing else immieiatly for much cheaper, the only time i sold a large amount was when i sold all my concumer cards and replaced them with cheap ass firepros the day of. i would have kept the concumer cards mining too if i had more power avalible.

In November I did sell a 1080ti for $650 but used that to buy my 570s and 580s. That was good for profit but much harder to manage. A lot more heat too.

Back