Should I return the PSU, or hope to get a smaller optical drive?

adri1456

Gawd
I have an Aspire QPack case, and just bought an antec TruePower 2.0 PSU from a local Best Buy.

I tested the components with an old CD burner (a Cendyne that is a few years old) and it looks like the power plug for the optical will fit if I fix the wiring, but I don't want to mess it up enough so that it can't be returnable. I tried a Liteon CD burner that is a couple of years old and its the same size as the other CD burner.

Should I just return the full sized PSU and try to find a smaller PSU, or just hope that the current liteons are smaller?

I actually ran into this problem tonight.

I have a BenQ1640 DVD Burner that is a short drive. My PSU is a Tagan 480W, full size. Even with changing the molexs to short plugs, I still didn't have room.

So I bought the Enermax Liberty 500W modular PSU from NewEgg tonight. I payed for FedEx nextday so I hope to have it on Tuesday.

I will post pics when I get it.

The BenQ 1640 is listed at Dimensions (WxHxD) 5.7" x 1.65" x 7" (146 x 42 mm x 178)

A good Lite-On ( 1635s) is listed at Dimension : 145.0 ( W ) x 41.3 ( H ) x 170.0 ( D ) mm

As you can see, the Lite-On is even shorter than the BenQ 1640 and the BenQ is a short drive.

The current LiteOn drives are 170mm (6 11/16") deep. Here is a shot of my LiteOn in a QPack with an Antec Neo480. Plenty of room.

CASE4.jpg

Back