• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I replace thermal grease in Macbook Pro?

watdahel

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 8, 2010
Messages
456
How good are the thermal grease Apple uses on the Macbook Pro? I'm thinking for two grand they best put on quality grease in there. My laptop is the 2006 model and I just recently cleaned the fan of dust. It was very thick. I did not touch the heatsink since I did not want to bother the premium Apple grease in there. Do you think it's worth replacing? What's the MTBF of grease?
 
I'm thinking for two grand they best put on quality grease in there. ?

Should never assume anything like that, places will use whatever costs the least and allows them to get by, that's how it works, look at Intel moving to TIM under the IHS, works fine for most OEM's and the like, but you push it under OCing and wow....Shitty temps.

I also think if you are not having trouble you should leave it, however, most people here are not of the kind to leave things be. And as such, go ahead and change it out with your fav TIM of choice and see if it has any effect on temps/fan speed.
 
Back
Top