• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Should I remove my cpu cooler when transporting my pc?

Joined
Oct 8, 2009
Messages
24
I'm moving and it is a six hour drive and just wanted some advice on whether I should take the Noctua NH-U12S off my Asus Maximus VII Hero prior to putting the Corsair 700D case back in its retail box and laying on its side the whole trip. Wasn't sure if I'm being overly concerned with any driving bumps/forces on the motherboard with that cooler on top of the socket or if taking it apart is a good idea.
 
its always good to remove heavy coolers.. the U12s its relatively a light cooler, however if you want to really be safe transport the case lying horizontally.. that way you will be completely safe even with uber heavy coolers..
 
Back
Top